Man charged in Dalston shooting to appear at Old Bailey
- Credit: Met Police
A man charged following the fatal shooting of Patrick Anzy in Dalston is to appear at the Old Bailey today (May 19).
Jermaine Jackson, 35, has been charged with the murder of Patrick Anzy and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
He was arrested in the Birmingham area in the early hours of May 15.
The court appearance follows the fatal shooting of Patrick Anzy in Gillett Square, who was pronounced dead at the scene after police were called to reports of shots fired in Dalston just before 1am on May 8.
A post-mortem examination on May 11 confirmed his cause of death as gunshot injuries.
A 14-year-old male and 25-year-old man, arrested on May 13 on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder, have been released under investigation.
Mr Jackson remains in police custody.
- 1 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 2 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 3 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 4 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 6 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
Anyone with information or any witnesses can call 101, reference CAD 412/08May,
To remain 100 per cent anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.