Man charged in Dalston shooting to appear at Old Bailey
- Credit: Met Police
A man charged following the fatal shooting of Patrick Anzy in Dalston is to appear at the Old Bailey today (May 19).
Jermaine Jackson, 35, has been charged with the murder of Patrick Anzy and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
He was arrested in the Birmingham area in the early hours of May 15.
The court appearance follows the fatal shooting of Patrick Anzy in Gillett Square, who was pronounced dead at the scene after police were called to reports of shots fired in Dalston just before 1am on May 8.
A post-mortem examination on May 11 confirmed his cause of death as gunshot injuries.
A 14-year-old male and 25-year-old man, arrested on May 13 on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder, have been released under investigation.
Mr Jackson remains in police custody.
- 1 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 2 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 3 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 6 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze
- 9 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 10 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
Anyone with information or any witnesses can call 101, reference CAD 412/08May,
To remain 100 per cent anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.