Man arrested after fire at suspected cannabis factory in Clapton
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
A man has been arrested and released under investigation following a fire at a suspected cannabis factory in Upper Clapton on New Year's Eve.
Police say an investigation is ongoing following a fire which occurred at around 4pm on December 31.
Police were called by the London Fire Brigade (LFB) to a fatal fire at an industrial unit in Southwold Road.
A man in his 30s was taken to hospital where he died on January 2.
His next of kin have been contacted.
The Met said: "Enquiries continue, alongside LFB colleagues, to establish the circumstances."
LFB said its investigation into the cause and circumstances of the fire will form part of the coroner's inquest.
- 1 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 2 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 3 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 4 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 5 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 6 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 7 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 8 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 9 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 10 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent