Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Daniel Frederick in Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
A man was last night arrested on suspicion of murdering Daniel Frederick in Shakspeare Walk, Stoke Newington.
The man, 26, is currently being questioned in custody.
Police found Daniel suffering stab injuries outside Burns House just before 6pm on Monday. He died in hspital six hours later. His next of kin have been informed.
Det Insp Paul Considine, who is leading the investigation, said: “While we have made an arrest, this investigation continues at pace and work continues to identify all those involved in this attack on Daniel.
“This was a senseless attack and I am appealing to anyone who was in the area of Shakspeare Walk around the time of the incident to contact police and provide us with any information that could assist this investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition