Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Daniel Frederick in Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
A man was last night arrested on suspicion of murdering Daniel Frederick in Shakspeare Walk, Stoke Newington.
The man, 26, is currently being questioned in custody.
Police found Daniel suffering stab injuries outside Burns House just before 6pm on Monday. He died in hspital six hours later. His next of kin have been informed.
Det Insp Paul Considine, who is leading the investigation, said: “While we have made an arrest, this investigation continues at pace and work continues to identify all those involved in this attack on Daniel.
“This was a senseless attack and I am appealing to anyone who was in the area of Shakspeare Walk around the time of the incident to contact police and provide us with any information that could assist this investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12