Man banned from Lower Clapton estate for five years
Breach of dispersal order forces lout out of Clapton Park.
A man has been banned from Clapton Park Estate for five years.
Alston Lynch, 24, of Downs Road, Lower Clapton, has been given an ASBO banning him from the whole estate until 2016.
Lynch was convicted of breaching a dispersal zone and fined �100 and �15 costs in August last year.
A ‘bolt on’ ASBO was granted at Thames Magistrates Court on Tuesday March 22 which stops him from entering the estate until March 21 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates heard how Lynch was part of a group of males loitering on the estate for hours on end, causing intimidation to members of the public. Lynch, who was regularly dispersed from the area under the conditions of the Dispersal Order was arrested on numerous occasions for breaching that order.
PC Waheed Iqbal, of Kings Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “This individual has a long string of criminal convictions and was known to us for violence, intimidation, harassment and general anti-social behaviour. Securing a five-year ASBO is a great achievement for the team and I hope that it goes some way to improving the lives of those people living and working in the area.”
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers