Man banned from Lower Clapton estate for five years
Breach of dispersal order forces lout out of Clapton Park.
A man has been banned from Clapton Park Estate for five years.
Alston Lynch, 24, of Downs Road, Lower Clapton, has been given an ASBO banning him from the whole estate until 2016.
Lynch was convicted of breaching a dispersal zone and fined �100 and �15 costs in August last year.
A ‘bolt on’ ASBO was granted at Thames Magistrates Court on Tuesday March 22 which stops him from entering the estate until March 21 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates heard how Lynch was part of a group of males loitering on the estate for hours on end, causing intimidation to members of the public. Lynch, who was regularly dispersed from the area under the conditions of the Dispersal Order was arrested on numerous occasions for breaching that order.
PC Waheed Iqbal, of Kings Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “This individual has a long string of criminal convictions and was known to us for violence, intimidation, harassment and general anti-social behaviour. Securing a five-year ASBO is a great achievement for the team and I hope that it goes some way to improving the lives of those people living and working in the area.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space