Man banned from Lower Clapton estate for five years
Breach of dispersal order forces lout out of Clapton Park.
A man has been banned from Clapton Park Estate for five years.
Alston Lynch, 24, of Downs Road, Lower Clapton, has been given an ASBO banning him from the whole estate until 2016.
Lynch was convicted of breaching a dispersal zone and fined �100 and �15 costs in August last year.
A ‘bolt on’ ASBO was granted at Thames Magistrates Court on Tuesday March 22 which stops him from entering the estate until March 21 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates heard how Lynch was part of a group of males loitering on the estate for hours on end, causing intimidation to members of the public. Lynch, who was regularly dispersed from the area under the conditions of the Dispersal Order was arrested on numerous occasions for breaching that order.
PC Waheed Iqbal, of Kings Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “This individual has a long string of criminal convictions and was known to us for violence, intimidation, harassment and general anti-social behaviour. Securing a five-year ASBO is a great achievement for the team and I hope that it goes some way to improving the lives of those people living and working in the area.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club