Man charged with murder following Dalston shooting
- Credit: Met Police
A man has been charged following the fatal shooting of Patrick Anzy in Dalston.
Jermaine Jackson, 33, was arrested in the Birmingham area in the early hours of May 15.
He was charged the following day with the murder of Patrick Anzy and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
He will appear in custody at Willesden Magistrates' Court on May 17.
Patrick Anzy was pronounced dead at the scene after police were called to reports of shots fired in Gillett Square, Dalston, just before 1am on May 8.
A post-mortem examination on May 11 confirmed his cause of death as gunshot injuries.
A 14-year-old male and 25-year-old man, arrested on May 13 on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder, have been released under investigation.
Det Insp Andy McDonald: “I am still very keen to speak to anyone who was in the Gillett Square area at the time of the shooting.”
- 1 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 2 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 3 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 8 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 9 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze
- 10 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
Anyone with information or any witnesses can call 101, reference CAD 412/08May,
To remain 100 per cent anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.