Man charged with attempted murder of PCSO in Hackney Downs Park
- Credit: Archant
A man is due to appear in court next week charged with the attempted murder of a PCSO (police community support officer) in Hackney Downs Park.
The officer was not injured during the incident on April 5 last year.
A spokesman from Scotland Yard told the Gazette: “They were on patrol in the Pembury Estate in Hackney, they approached a group of males who ran off, the officers pursued and a shot was fired.”
Mubarak Shaibu, 24 of Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton is due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday March 25 charged with the attempted murder of a PCSO, possession of a firearm with intent and possession of ammunition with intent.
Scott Nelson, 26 of Wharton Road, E15 appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday March 11 charged with assisting an offender and possession of a scorpion sub machine gun.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded to next appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday March 25.
A 17-year-old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared Snaresbrook Crown Court on Wednesday February 11 charged with possession of a firearm, namely a Scorpion sub machine gun. He will reappear on a date to be determined.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 3 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 4 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 5 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries