Man charged with attempted murder of PCSO in Hackney Downs Park
- Credit: Archant
A man is due to appear in court next week charged with the attempted murder of a PCSO (police community support officer) in Hackney Downs Park.
The officer was not injured during the incident on April 5 last year.
A spokesman from Scotland Yard told the Gazette: “They were on patrol in the Pembury Estate in Hackney, they approached a group of males who ran off, the officers pursued and a shot was fired.”
Mubarak Shaibu, 24 of Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton is due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday March 25 charged with the attempted murder of a PCSO, possession of a firearm with intent and possession of ammunition with intent.
Scott Nelson, 26 of Wharton Road, E15 appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday March 11 charged with assisting an offender and possession of a scorpion sub machine gun.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded to next appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday March 25.
A 17-year-old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared Snaresbrook Crown Court on Wednesday February 11 charged with possession of a firearm, namely a Scorpion sub machine gun. He will reappear on a date to be determined.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse