Man charged with attempted murder of PCSO in Hackney Downs Park
- Credit: Archant
A man is due to appear in court next week charged with the attempted murder of a PCSO (police community support officer) in Hackney Downs Park.
The officer was not injured during the incident on April 5 last year.
A spokesman from Scotland Yard told the Gazette: “They were on patrol in the Pembury Estate in Hackney, they approached a group of males who ran off, the officers pursued and a shot was fired.”
Mubarak Shaibu, 24 of Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton is due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday March 25 charged with the attempted murder of a PCSO, possession of a firearm with intent and possession of ammunition with intent.
Scott Nelson, 26 of Wharton Road, E15 appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday March 11 charged with assisting an offender and possession of a scorpion sub machine gun.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded to next appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday March 25.
A 17-year-old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared Snaresbrook Crown Court on Wednesday February 11 charged with possession of a firearm, namely a Scorpion sub machine gun. He will reappear on a date to be determined.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction