Man charged with murder of 57-year-old woman who was found dead in Upper Clapton
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murdering a 57-year-old woman who was found dead in Upper Clapton.
The body of Tracey Kidd was discovered after police were called to Charnwood Street at 4.45pm on Tuesday, March 17, following concerns about her welfare.
Paul Vissers, 40, of Charnwood Street, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Saturday charged with murdering Ms Kidd between March 15 and 16. He is next scheduled to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
A post-mortem examination gave a provisional cause of death as a head injury.
Two women, aged 48 and 32, were arrested in Southend and Hackney over Ms Kidd’s death. They have since been relased under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are still appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information can contact the incident room on 020 8345 3734, or call charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities