Man charged with murder of 57-year-old woman who was found dead in Upper Clapton
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murdering a 57-year-old woman who was found dead in Upper Clapton.
The body of Tracey Kidd was discovered after police were called to Charnwood Street at 4.45pm on Tuesday, March 17, following concerns about her welfare.
Paul Vissers, 40, of Charnwood Street, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Saturday charged with murdering Ms Kidd between March 15 and 16. He is next scheduled to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
A post-mortem examination gave a provisional cause of death as a head injury.
Two women, aged 48 and 32, were arrested in Southend and Hackney over Ms Kidd’s death. They have since been relased under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are still appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information can contact the incident room on 020 8345 3734, or call charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers