Man charged with murder of Hackney pensioner
- Credit: Archant
A 38-year-old Vietnamese man has been charged with the murder of a Hackney pensioner.
Tran Quang Hung of Mare Street was arrested on Saturday and appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court yesterday charged with the murder of 75-year-old Ngoc Giam Dang.
An ambulance was called to the Geffrye Estate in the early hours of Thursday (July 3) after the pensioner, also Vietnamese, was found with suspected head injuries. He was taken to hospital but pronounced dead at 5.46am.
A 47-year-old woman was arrested at Geffrye Court and a 42-year-old man was arrested on Mare Street, both on suspicion of murder.
Both suspects have been released on bail, with the man facing possible further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Quang Hung was arrested on Saturday in connection with the murder, the third person brought in by police.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as head injuries.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 2715 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.