Man charged with murder of Hackney pensioner
- Credit: Archant
A 38-year-old Vietnamese man has been charged with the murder of a Hackney pensioner.
Tran Quang Hung of Mare Street was arrested on Saturday and appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court yesterday charged with the murder of 75-year-old Ngoc Giam Dang.
An ambulance was called to the Geffrye Estate in the early hours of Thursday (July 3) after the pensioner, also Vietnamese, was found with suspected head injuries. He was taken to hospital but pronounced dead at 5.46am.
A 47-year-old woman was arrested at Geffrye Court and a 42-year-old man was arrested on Mare Street, both on suspicion of murder.
Both suspects have been released on bail, with the man facing possible further inquiries.
Mr Quang Hung was arrested on Saturday in connection with the murder, the third person brought in by police.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as head injuries.
- 1 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 2 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 3 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 4 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 5 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 8 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 10 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 2715 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.