Man charged with murder of Hackney pensioner
- Credit: Archant
A 38-year-old Vietnamese man has been charged with the murder of a Hackney pensioner.
Tran Quang Hung of Mare Street was arrested on Saturday and appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court yesterday charged with the murder of 75-year-old Ngoc Giam Dang.
An ambulance was called to the Geffrye Estate in the early hours of Thursday (July 3) after the pensioner, also Vietnamese, was found with suspected head injuries. He was taken to hospital but pronounced dead at 5.46am.
A 47-year-old woman was arrested at Geffrye Court and a 42-year-old man was arrested on Mare Street, both on suspicion of murder.
Both suspects have been released on bail, with the man facing possible further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Quang Hung was arrested on Saturday in connection with the murder, the third person brought in by police.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as head injuries.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 6 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 7 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 8 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 2715 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.