Man charged with murder of Hackney pensioner
- Credit: Archant
A 38-year-old Vietnamese man has been charged with the murder of a Hackney pensioner.
Tran Quang Hung of Mare Street was arrested on Saturday and appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court yesterday charged with the murder of 75-year-old Ngoc Giam Dang.
An ambulance was called to the Geffrye Estate in the early hours of Thursday (July 3) after the pensioner, also Vietnamese, was found with suspected head injuries. He was taken to hospital but pronounced dead at 5.46am.
A 47-year-old woman was arrested at Geffrye Court and a 42-year-old man was arrested on Mare Street, both on suspicion of murder.
Both suspects have been released on bail, with the man facing possible further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Quang Hung was arrested on Saturday in connection with the murder, the third person brought in by police.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as head injuries.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 2715 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.