Man charged with murder of Hackney pensioner
- Credit: Archant
A 38-year-old Vietnamese man has been charged with the murder of a Hackney pensioner.
Tran Quang Hung of Mare Street was arrested on Saturday and appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court yesterday charged with the murder of 75-year-old Ngoc Giam Dang.
An ambulance was called to the Geffrye Estate in the early hours of Thursday (July 3) after the pensioner, also Vietnamese, was found with suspected head injuries. He was taken to hospital but pronounced dead at 5.46am.
A 47-year-old woman was arrested at Geffrye Court and a 42-year-old man was arrested on Mare Street, both on suspicion of murder.
Both suspects have been released on bail, with the man facing possible further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Quang Hung was arrested on Saturday in connection with the murder, the third person brought in by police.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as head injuries.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 3 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 2715 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.