Man charged with Stoke Newington murder
A man has been charged with murder after a woman was stabbed to death.
Police were called to an address in Lordship Road, Stoke Newington at 9.50am on Monday and found a 42-year old woman suffering from stab wounds on the fourth floor.
The London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended but the woman was pronounced dead at 10.38am.
Muhamet Hoti, 43, of Lordship Road was due to appear at Thames Magistrates Court today charged with murder.
Next of kin have been informed and police await formal identification but are satisfied the victim is Ganimete Hoti.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is currently ongoing at Poplar mortuary.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home