Man charged with Stoke Newington murder
A man has been charged with murder after a woman was stabbed to death.
Police were called to an address in Lordship Road, Stoke Newington at 9.50am on Monday and found a 42-year old woman suffering from stab wounds on the fourth floor.
The London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended but the woman was pronounced dead at 10.38am.
Muhamet Hoti, 43, of Lordship Road was due to appear at Thames Magistrates Court today charged with murder.
Next of kin have been informed and police await formal identification but are satisfied the victim is Ganimete Hoti.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is currently ongoing at Poplar mortuary.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition