Man charged with Stoke Newington murder
A man has been charged with murder after a woman was stabbed to death.
Police were called to an address in Lordship Road, Stoke Newington at 9.50am on Monday and found a 42-year old woman suffering from stab wounds on the fourth floor.
The London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended but the woman was pronounced dead at 10.38am.
Muhamet Hoti, 43, of Lordship Road was due to appear at Thames Magistrates Court today charged with murder.
Next of kin have been informed and police await formal identification but are satisfied the victim is Ganimete Hoti.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is currently ongoing at Poplar mortuary.
- 1 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 2 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 3 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours: Hackney man's vital vaccine work honoured
- 6 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 7 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 8 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 9 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze