Man critical after being stabbed in the neck
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life, after being stabbed in the neck yesterday.
Police were called to an east London hospital at 9.30pm on Sunday night to reports of a 23-year-old man suffering from a stab wound to the neck.
They believe he was injured during an incident in Chatham Place, off Morning Lane, which was sealed off earlier in the evening.
The man’s condition stabilised following surgery, but has since worsened and he is now fighting for his life.
A spokesman said: “At this stage officers from Hackney police retain an open mind as to the circumstances surrounding this incident.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Anyone who witnessed or has information regarding the incident should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London