Man critical after being stabbed in the neck
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life, after being stabbed in the neck yesterday.
Police were called to an east London hospital at 9.30pm on Sunday night to reports of a 23-year-old man suffering from a stab wound to the neck.
They believe he was injured during an incident in Chatham Place, off Morning Lane, which was sealed off earlier in the evening.
The man’s condition stabilised following surgery, but has since worsened and he is now fighting for his life.
A spokesman said: “At this stage officers from Hackney police retain an open mind as to the circumstances surrounding this incident.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Anyone who witnessed or has information regarding the incident should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta