Man critical after being stabbed in the neck
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life, after being stabbed in the neck yesterday.
Police were called to an east London hospital at 9.30pm on Sunday night to reports of a 23-year-old man suffering from a stab wound to the neck.
They believe he was injured during an incident in Chatham Place, off Morning Lane, which was sealed off earlier in the evening.
The man’s condition stabilised following surgery, but has since worsened and he is now fighting for his life.
A spokesman said: “At this stage officers from Hackney police retain an open mind as to the circumstances surrounding this incident.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Anyone who witnessed or has information regarding the incident should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search