Man found dead in Woodberry Down ‘fell from a height’
- Credit: @999London
A man who was found dead on a street in Woodberry Down is thought to have “fallen from a height”.
Emergency services were called to Katherine Close just before 10pm on Saturday after passers-by came across the body of the man. Despite the efforts of doctors from London’s Air Ambulance and paramedics from the London Ambulance Service the man, who is thought to be in his 70s, could not be revived.
He was pronounced dead at the scene at 10.22pm.
The death was initially being treated as “unexplained”, but Scotland Yard now believes the man “fell from a height”.
His next of kin have been notified, and enquiries are ongoing to establish the circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests.
Any witnesses are asked to call 101 ref 7765/14nov.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home