Man found dead in Woodberry Down ‘fell from a height’
- Credit: @999London
A man who was found dead on a street in Woodberry Down is thought to have “fallen from a height”.
Emergency services were called to Katherine Close just before 10pm on Saturday after passers-by came across the body of the man. Despite the efforts of doctors from London’s Air Ambulance and paramedics from the London Ambulance Service the man, who is thought to be in his 70s, could not be revived.
He was pronounced dead at the scene at 10.22pm.
The death was initially being treated as “unexplained”, but Scotland Yard now believes the man “fell from a height”.
His next of kin have been notified, and enquiries are ongoing to establish the circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests.
Any witnesses are asked to call 101 ref 7765/14nov.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 10 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure