Man fined for smoking in Lower Clapton club
Owner also slapped with fine for man sparking up.
A MAN has been fined �50 for smoking in a social club after Hackney Council prosecuted him and the owner.
Adnan Sozuguzel, 53, of Pownall Road, Haggerston, pleaded guilty to smoking in the Turkish Social Club in Clarence Road, Lower Clapton, in November 2009.
Mehmet Erdem, 44 of Clarence Road and the owner of the club, pleaded guilty to failing to prevent smoking in a smoke free premises.
Both appeared at Thames Magistrates Court on Wednesday September 22 where Sozuguzel was hit with a �50 fine and conditional discharge of 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
Erdem was ordered to pay �100 and given a conditional discharge of 18 months.
Both men face being prosecuted if smoking is found to take place at the premises.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
Since July 2007 it has been against the law to smoke in all enclosed public spaces.