Man from Finsbury Park found dead on waste ground named by police
- Credit: Archant
A Finsbury Park man whose body was discovered on Sunday has been named by police investigating his murder.
The victim was named as Franciszek Karol Malinkowski, 51, a construction worker originally from Poland although formal identification is yet to take place.
Officers were called at about 11.35am after Mr Malinkowski’s body was discovered on overgrown waste ground between Ermine Road in South Tottenham and the nearby railway line.
He was pronounced dead at the scene and next of kin have been informed.
A post-mortem examination on April 28 at Haringey Mortuary gave the cause of death as multiple injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and information.
Det Ch Insp Tim Duffield, who is leading the investigation under the Homicide and Major Crime Command unit, said: “Mr Malinowski was a hard working man with no obvious enemies. We are trying to build a detailed picture of his life and I would urge anyone who knew him, or for that matter anybody with information about the scrubland near Ermine Road, to contact us.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
“I guarantee that your information will be treated in the strictest confidence.”
Ten men have been arrested so far in connection to the incident.
On Sunday, three men aged 32, 50 and 30-years-old were arrested near the place where the body was found, with a 38-year-old man arrested later that day. The 50-year-old was released without charge while the other three were bailed to return at a date in early May.
During the early hours of Tuesday morning, two further men aged 41 and 33-years-old, were arrested in Stamford Hill on suspicion of murder. They remain in custody.
On the afternoon of Tuesday, April 28, four further men aged 30, 38, 40 and 48-years-old were arrested in Stamford Hill in connection with the incident and remain in custody.
Any witnesses to the incident or anyone with information are asked to call the incident room on 020 8358 0400, 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.