Man in Hackney arrested on suspicion of murdering Tanesha Melbourne-Blake, who was shot in Tottenham
- Credit: Press Association Images
A 30-year-old man has been arrested in Hackney on suspicion of murdering Tanesha Melbourne-Blake in Tottenham.
The 17-year-old was hit in a drive-by shooting on Monday night in Chalgrove Road and died hours later. The attack is said to have followed a fight in burger restaurant Tinseltown in St John Street, Islington.
Detectives today arrested the man in the E9 area and took him in for questioning.
Scotland Yard said officers are keeping an open mind about the motive for the attack, and are still trying to work out the type of car used, how many people were in it and how many were in the group that was shot at.
Det Insp Beverley Kofi, of the homicide and major crime command, said: “We are appealing to anybody who witnessed the incident and has not yet come forward, or who in the hours since this shocking murder are privy to information that could help us find those responsible.
You may also want to watch:
“You may be fearful of repercussions of speaking to police, or have loyalties that you believe can’t be compromised. We are dealing with the fatal shooting of a teenage girl, and would implore you to do the right thing and come forward.”
Anyone with information on the shooting can contact the incident room on 020 8358 0100 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 10 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary