Man in Hackney arrested on suspicion of murdering Tanesha Melbourne-Blake, who was shot in Tottenham
- Credit: Press Association Images
A 30-year-old man has been arrested in Hackney on suspicion of murdering Tanesha Melbourne-Blake in Tottenham.
The 17-year-old was hit in a drive-by shooting on Monday night in Chalgrove Road and died hours later. The attack is said to have followed a fight in burger restaurant Tinseltown in St John Street, Islington.
Detectives today arrested the man in the E9 area and took him in for questioning.
Scotland Yard said officers are keeping an open mind about the motive for the attack, and are still trying to work out the type of car used, how many people were in it and how many were in the group that was shot at.
Det Insp Beverley Kofi, of the homicide and major crime command, said: “We are appealing to anybody who witnessed the incident and has not yet come forward, or who in the hours since this shocking murder are privy to information that could help us find those responsible.
You may also want to watch:
“You may be fearful of repercussions of speaking to police, or have loyalties that you believe can’t be compromised. We are dealing with the fatal shooting of a teenage girl, and would implore you to do the right thing and come forward.”
Anyone with information on the shooting can contact the incident room on 020 8358 0100 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12