Man jailed for two years and nine months after brutal escort worker attack
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A Hoxton man has been jailed after a "ferocious" attack left a woman with a fractured eye socket and significant head injury.
Adrian Shaw, 28, of City Road, Hoxton was sentenced to two years and nine months' imprisonment after being found guilty at Hendon Crown Court today (June 22).
The sentence followed a guilty verdict at the same court yesterday.
During the trial the court heard Shaw had used an escort agency to lure a 30-year-old woman to his address at about 10.30pm on May 8 last year, under the pretence of securing her services.
Once the woman was inside the building, Shaw led her to a basement area where he launched a vicious attack.
Later the woman was taken to hospital where medical staff initially assessed her condition as life threatening. Following treatment she was subsequently discharged.
Shaw would later deny assaulting the woman and claimed she had fallen down the stairs.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 3 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 7 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 8 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 9 Architecture review: 'Contemporary Hackney and revolutionary Russia?'
- 10 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
Det Con Luke Martinez said: “Adrian Shaw is a violent and dangerous man. The evidence against him was overwhelming."