Man jailed for two years and nine months after brutal escort worker attack
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A Hoxton man has been jailed after a "ferocious" attack left a woman with a fractured eye socket and significant head injury.
Adrian Shaw, 28, of City Road, Hoxton was sentenced to two years and nine months' imprisonment after being found guilty at Hendon Crown Court today (June 22).
The sentence followed a guilty verdict at the same court yesterday.
During the trial the court heard Shaw had used an escort agency to lure a 30-year-old woman to his address at about 10.30pm on May 8 last year, under the pretence of securing her services.
Once the woman was inside the building, Shaw led her to a basement area where he launched a vicious attack.
You may also want to watch:
Later the woman was taken to hospital where medical staff initially assessed her condition as life threatening. Following treatment she was subsequently discharged.
Shaw would later deny assaulting the woman and claimed she had fallen down the stairs.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 3 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 7 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
Det Con Luke Martinez said: “Adrian Shaw is a violent and dangerous man. The evidence against him was overwhelming."