Man jailed for two years and nine months after brutal escort worker attack
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A Hoxton man has been jailed after a "ferocious" attack left a woman with a fractured eye socket and significant head injury.
Adrian Shaw, 28, of City Road, Hoxton was sentenced to two years and nine months' imprisonment after being found guilty at Hendon Crown Court today (June 22).
The sentence followed a guilty verdict at the same court yesterday.
During the trial the court heard Shaw had used an escort agency to lure a 30-year-old woman to his address at about 10.30pm on May 8 last year, under the pretence of securing her services.
Once the woman was inside the building, Shaw led her to a basement area where he launched a vicious attack.
Later the woman was taken to hospital where medical staff initially assessed her condition as life threatening. Following treatment she was subsequently discharged.
Shaw would later deny assaulting the woman and claimed she had fallen down the stairs.
- 1 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 2 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 8 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 9 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 10 Apply now: funding to boost Hackney small businesses' resilience
Det Con Luke Martinez said: “Adrian Shaw is a violent and dangerous man. The evidence against him was overwhelming."