Man knocked unconscious in ‘vicious’ Stamford Hill road rage assault
- Credit: Archant
A man was knocked unconscious after being punched in the face during a “vicious” road rage assault this afternoon.
Police were called to Stamford Hill, near the junction with Egerton Road, just after 1.20pm.
The victim, in his 20s, had been involved in an altercation with another driver and was punched after getting out of his car.
The attacker fled the scene in his own car and the victim was treated by medics from Hatzola, the private ambulance service, before being taken to hospital with facial injuries.
The area’s volunteer-run Jewish neighbourhood watch group Shomrim tweeted to say the victim was in stable condition after the “vicious” assault which left him unconscious.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Hackney CID are investigating the attack. No arrest have been made.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Shocked woman finds bugs in unopened Lidl Paprika Jar
- 4 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 5 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 6 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 10 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention