Man knocked unconscious in ‘vicious’ Stamford Hill road rage assault
- Credit: Archant
A man was knocked unconscious after being punched in the face during a “vicious” road rage assault this afternoon.
Police were called to Stamford Hill, near the junction with Egerton Road, just after 1.20pm.
The victim, in his 20s, had been involved in an altercation with another driver and was punched after getting out of his car.
The attacker fled the scene in his own car and the victim was treated by medics from Hatzola, the private ambulance service, before being taken to hospital with facial injuries.
The area’s volunteer-run Jewish neighbourhood watch group Shomrim tweeted to say the victim was in stable condition after the “vicious” assault which left him unconscious.
Officers from Hackney CID are investigating the attack. No arrest have been made.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 2 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 3 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 4 Mother of son lost to knife crime honoured by the Queen
- 5 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 6 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 7 De Beauvoir to house UK's first East and South-East Asian resource centre
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 UK's 'home of baking' to open third venue in Haggerston
- 10 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment