Man left with multiple head fractures following wooden stake attack in Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV footage of two men they want to track down, after a man was beaten in the middle of the road with wooden stakes, in a horrifying attack which left him with multiple head fractures which he is still being treated for.
The second victim was also bitten in the violent assault in the early hours of Thursday October 29 last year before their two attackers ran off.
Detectives have now released images of two men they wish to identify in connection to the incident in East Road at the junction with New North Road in Shoreditch, which is thought to have happened between 1.20am and 2.30am.
A 32-year-old man was taken to hospital to be treated for multiple fractures to his head, whilst a 36-year-old man suffered minor injuries.
Both men were released later that day, but Scotland Yard said the 32-year-old is still receiving ongoing treatment for the head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV taken in nearby Hoxton Street captured two men holding wooden stakes who the police want to speak with.
The first is described as a black man of medium build, aged in his early 20s, who was wearing a black baseball cap, chequered shirt and a blue jacket.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
The second man is of muscular build, aged in his late 20s, approximately 5ft 11inchess tall with short dark hair. At the time he was wearing a blue body warmer on top of a black, long sleeved top, brown trousers and brown trainers.
Anyone who recognises the two men in the CCTV or who witnessed the incident, should call Hackney Police on 101 quoting reference 202794, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.