Man left with multiple head fractures following wooden stake attack in Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV footage of two men they want to track down, after a man was beaten in the middle of the road with wooden stakes, in a horrifying attack which left him with multiple head fractures which he is still being treated for.
The second victim was also bitten in the violent assault in the early hours of Thursday October 29 last year before their two attackers ran off.
Detectives have now released images of two men they wish to identify in connection to the incident in East Road at the junction with New North Road in Shoreditch, which is thought to have happened between 1.20am and 2.30am.
A 32-year-old man was taken to hospital to be treated for multiple fractures to his head, whilst a 36-year-old man suffered minor injuries.
Both men were released later that day, but Scotland Yard said the 32-year-old is still receiving ongoing treatment for the head injuries.
CCTV taken in nearby Hoxton Street captured two men holding wooden stakes who the police want to speak with.
The first is described as a black man of medium build, aged in his early 20s, who was wearing a black baseball cap, chequered shirt and a blue jacket.
- 1 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 2 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 3 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 4 Pole thrown on railway tracks 'caused over 11 hours of delays'
- 5 Plea date set for teen charged with broad daylight stabbing
- 6 The three strikes and protests hitting Hackney this week
- 7 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 8 Dream Wife and Belako rock Hackney Paper Dress Vintage at Estrella launch
- 9 HSBC make 'considerable' donation to Finsbury Park food bank
- 10 Lab Tonica to bring colour to Chatsworth Road with debut shop
The second man is of muscular build, aged in his late 20s, approximately 5ft 11inchess tall with short dark hair. At the time he was wearing a blue body warmer on top of a black, long sleeved top, brown trousers and brown trainers.
Anyone who recognises the two men in the CCTV or who witnessed the incident, should call Hackney Police on 101 quoting reference 202794, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.