Man on Boris Bike allegedly attempted to rape woman in Hackney
Police are appealing for information following an alleged attempted rape in Hackney by a man on a Boris Bike.
A 28-year-old woman was walking along Goldsmith’s Row in Haggerston at around 2.45am on Tuesday November 20, when she was approached by the man who was riding a Barclays Cycle Hire bicycle.
The bikes are popularly known as Boris Bikes because Boris Johnson was Mayor of London when the bike sharing scheme was introduced in 2010.
The man allegedly robbed her before trying to rape her, about 40 metres from the junction with Hackney Road.
When was disturbed by passers-by he rode off towards Broadway Market.
The suspect is described as white and aged 25 to 35 years, at least 6 feet tall and of muscular build.
Anyone who saw a man on a Barclays Cycle Hire bike hanging around the area of Hackney Road and Goldsmith’s Row around this time should contact the Sapphire Unit at Shoreditch on 020 7275 3488, quoting crime reference 4631093/12.
- 1 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 2 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 3 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 4 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 5 Hackney man wanted by Surrey Police
- 6 Jailed: Hackney man sentenced for fatal hit-and-run
- 7 Section 60: Increased stop and search powers in place across Hackney
- 8 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 9 Teenage girls arrested after incident in Kingsland High Street
- 10 Confirmed: Section 60 imposed following stabbing and reports of armed men
To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.