Man on Boris Bike allegedly attempted to rape woman in Hackney
Police are appealing for information following an alleged attempted rape in Hackney by a man on a Boris Bike.
A 28-year-old woman was walking along Goldsmith’s Row in Haggerston at around 2.45am on Tuesday November 20, when she was approached by the man who was riding a Barclays Cycle Hire bicycle.
The bikes are popularly known as Boris Bikes because Boris Johnson was Mayor of London when the bike sharing scheme was introduced in 2010.
The man allegedly robbed her before trying to rape her, about 40 metres from the junction with Hackney Road.
When was disturbed by passers-by he rode off towards Broadway Market.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as white and aged 25 to 35 years, at least 6 feet tall and of muscular build.
Anyone who saw a man on a Barclays Cycle Hire bike hanging around the area of Hackney Road and Goldsmith’s Row around this time should contact the Sapphire Unit at Shoreditch on 020 7275 3488, quoting crime reference 4631093/12.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.