Man on Boris Bike allegedly attempted to rape woman in Hackney
Police are appealing for information following an alleged attempted rape in Hackney by a man on a Boris Bike.
A 28-year-old woman was walking along Goldsmith’s Row in Haggerston at around 2.45am on Tuesday November 20, when she was approached by the man who was riding a Barclays Cycle Hire bicycle.
The bikes are popularly known as Boris Bikes because Boris Johnson was Mayor of London when the bike sharing scheme was introduced in 2010.
The man allegedly robbed her before trying to rape her, about 40 metres from the junction with Hackney Road.
When was disturbed by passers-by he rode off towards Broadway Market.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as white and aged 25 to 35 years, at least 6 feet tall and of muscular build.
Anyone who saw a man on a Barclays Cycle Hire bike hanging around the area of Hackney Road and Goldsmith’s Row around this time should contact the Sapphire Unit at Shoreditch on 020 7275 3488, quoting crime reference 4631093/12.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.