Man pointed gun at police officer in Stoke Newington at the weekend
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man pointed a gun at a police officer in Stoke Newington High Street at the weekend.
Officers were called to a disturbance at 6am on Saturday November 3, and were told by a member of the public he believed one suspect was armed.
The two police officers then saw two men trying to get into two minicabs - one of whom was holding a gun.
The men were unable to enter either vehicle and fled from the scene. But as they made off, the armed man turned and pointed his gun towards the officer chasing him.
Yesterday a man in his 20s was arrested and bailed to return on a date to be confirmed, while a youth was arrested today and remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Hackney CID are investigating together with colleagues from the Trident gun and gang unit, anyone with information should call 020 7230 9831
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London