Man pointed gun at police officer in Stoke Newington at the weekend
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man pointed a gun at a police officer in Stoke Newington High Street at the weekend.
Officers were called to a disturbance at 6am on Saturday November 3, and were told by a member of the public he believed one suspect was armed.
The two police officers then saw two men trying to get into two minicabs - one of whom was holding a gun.
The men were unable to enter either vehicle and fled from the scene. But as they made off, the armed man turned and pointed his gun towards the officer chasing him.
Yesterday a man in his 20s was arrested and bailed to return on a date to be confirmed, while a youth was arrested today and remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Hackney CID are investigating together with colleagues from the Trident gun and gang unit, anyone with information should call 020 7230 9831
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 8 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan