Man pointed gun at police officer in Stoke Newington at the weekend
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man pointed a gun at a police officer in Stoke Newington High Street at the weekend.
Officers were called to a disturbance at 6am on Saturday November 3, and were told by a member of the public he believed one suspect was armed.
The two police officers then saw two men trying to get into two minicabs - one of whom was holding a gun.
The men were unable to enter either vehicle and fled from the scene. But as they made off, the armed man turned and pointed his gun towards the officer chasing him.
Yesterday a man in his 20s was arrested and bailed to return on a date to be confirmed, while a youth was arrested today and remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Hackney CID are investigating together with colleagues from the Trident gun and gang unit, anyone with information should call 020 7230 9831
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington