Man police want to speak to regarding alleged rape could live in North London
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a photo of a man they would like to speak to after a woman was allegedly raped in a hotel bedroom in Brighton.
The 26-year-old victim, from London, travelled to the city with friends on Sunday July 7 and stayed at Legends Hotel that night.
When she returned home she contacted the Metropolitan Police to say she had been raped in her hotel bedroom in the early hours of Monday July 8.
Police have now released an image of a man who they believe is from North London who could have information about what happened at the hotel.
Det Const Paul Candy said: “We believe the man is from north London but we are keen to speak to anyone who recognises him or who knows where he could be.
“If you know him please ask him to contact us.
“If you have seen him and know who he is please get in touch with us so we can speak to him about what happened.
- 1 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 2 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 3 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 4 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 5 Haggerston celebrates the Chinese Lunar New Year
- 6 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 7 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 8 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 9 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 10 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
“We want to get justice for the victim and need the public’s help.”
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting serial 1653 of 10/7, email email@example.com or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.