Man police want to speak to regarding alleged rape could live in North London
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a photo of a man they would like to speak to after a woman was allegedly raped in a hotel bedroom in Brighton.
The 26-year-old victim, from London, travelled to the city with friends on Sunday July 7 and stayed at Legends Hotel that night.
When she returned home she contacted the Metropolitan Police to say she had been raped in her hotel bedroom in the early hours of Monday July 8.
Police have now released an image of a man who they believe is from North London who could have information about what happened at the hotel.
Det Const Paul Candy said: “We believe the man is from north London but we are keen to speak to anyone who recognises him or who knows where he could be.
You may also want to watch:
“If you know him please ask him to contact us.
“If you have seen him and know who he is please get in touch with us so we can speak to him about what happened.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
“We want to get justice for the victim and need the public’s help.”
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting serial 1653 of 10/7, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.