Woodberry Down shooting: Man injured with ‘some sort of ball-bearing gun’ near Seven Sisters Road
- Credit: shomrim
A man was shot in Hackney last night by what’s thought to be “some kind of ball-bearing gun”.
Police were called at 11.41pm to Woodberry Grove at the junction with Seven Sisters Road following reports of a shooting.
A man in his 30s presented himself at an east London hospital for treatment, and his condition is stable according to Scotland Yard.
A spokesman said: “It looks like some sort of ball-bearing gun was used.
“He’s having treatment for the shooting injuries. They aren’t life-changing. We are talking about injuries to the arm.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
On Monday night a 19-year-old was stabbed in the leg at the BP garage in Finsbury Park nearby. His injuries were not though to be life threatening.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
And on Sunday night armed police swooped on the area after three teenagers were allegedly spotted carrying guns outside Finsbury Park station.
Anyone with information is asked to call Trident on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously.