Woodberry Down shooting: Man injured with ‘some sort of ball-bearing gun’ near Seven Sisters Road
- Credit: shomrim
A man was shot in Hackney last night by what’s thought to be “some kind of ball-bearing gun”.
Police were called at 11.41pm to Woodberry Grove at the junction with Seven Sisters Road following reports of a shooting.
A man in his 30s presented himself at an east London hospital for treatment, and his condition is stable according to Scotland Yard.
A spokesman said: “It looks like some sort of ball-bearing gun was used.
“He’s having treatment for the shooting injuries. They aren’t life-changing. We are talking about injuries to the arm.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
On Monday night a 19-year-old was stabbed in the leg at the BP garage in Finsbury Park nearby. His injuries were not though to be life threatening.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
And on Sunday night armed police swooped on the area after three teenagers were allegedly spotted carrying guns outside Finsbury Park station.
Anyone with information is asked to call Trident on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously.