Woodberry Down shooting: Man injured with ‘some sort of ball-bearing gun’ near Seven Sisters Road
- Credit: shomrim
A man was shot in Hackney last night by what’s thought to be “some kind of ball-bearing gun”.
Police were called at 11.41pm to Woodberry Grove at the junction with Seven Sisters Road following reports of a shooting.
A man in his 30s presented himself at an east London hospital for treatment, and his condition is stable according to Scotland Yard.
A spokesman said: “It looks like some sort of ball-bearing gun was used.
“He’s having treatment for the shooting injuries. They aren’t life-changing. We are talking about injuries to the arm.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
On Monday night a 19-year-old was stabbed in the leg at the BP garage in Finsbury Park nearby. His injuries were not though to be life threatening.
- 1 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 2 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 5 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 6 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Broken Lad: Arcola Outside
- 9 Artist marks sixty years of pop art and reverse perspectives
- 10 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
And on Sunday night armed police swooped on the area after three teenagers were allegedly spotted carrying guns outside Finsbury Park station.
Anyone with information is asked to call Trident on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously.