Woodberry Down shooting: Man injured with ‘some sort of ball-bearing gun’ near Seven Sisters Road
- Credit: shomrim
A man was shot in Hackney last night by what’s thought to be “some kind of ball-bearing gun”.
Police were called at 11.41pm to Woodberry Grove at the junction with Seven Sisters Road following reports of a shooting.
A man in his 30s presented himself at an east London hospital for treatment, and his condition is stable according to Scotland Yard.
A spokesman said: “It looks like some sort of ball-bearing gun was used.
“He’s having treatment for the shooting injuries. They aren’t life-changing. We are talking about injuries to the arm.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
On Monday night a 19-year-old was stabbed in the leg at the BP garage in Finsbury Park nearby. His injuries were not though to be life threatening.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
And on Sunday night armed police swooped on the area after three teenagers were allegedly spotted carrying guns outside Finsbury Park station.
Anyone with information is asked to call Trident on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously.