Man stabbed after ‘altercation’ when buying a car in Hackney
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A man was stabbed when he tried to buy a car in Hackney this week.
Met Police officers are appealing for information after the incident, which took place at about 7.10pm on August 25 when two men drove to Athlone Close in Lower Clapton.
They had arranged to buy a car, and when they arrived a group of men was waiting for them - one of whom got into the back seat of their white Range Rover.
Detectives say an “altercation” took place, and one of the men, who was in his mid-20s, was stabbed in the leg.
He was taken to hospital and has since been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
The other initial occupant was uninjured, and the Range Rover was driven away by the suspects.
Detectives hope to trace the car, which they said is “likely to have distinctive damage”.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
No one has been arrested yet.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, with CAD 6234/25AUG.