Man stabbed after ‘altercation’ when buying a car in Hackney
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A man was stabbed when he tried to buy a car in Hackney this week.
Met Police officers are appealing for information after the incident, which took place at about 7.10pm on August 25 when two men drove to Athlone Close in Lower Clapton.
They had arranged to buy a car, and when they arrived a group of men was waiting for them - one of whom got into the back seat of their white Range Rover.
Detectives say an “altercation” took place, and one of the men, who was in his mid-20s, was stabbed in the leg.
He was taken to hospital and has since been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
The other initial occupant was uninjured, and the Range Rover was driven away by the suspects.
Detectives hope to trace the car, which they said is “likely to have distinctive damage”.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
No one has been arrested yet.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, with CAD 6234/25AUG.