Man stabbed after ‘altercation’ when buying a car in Hackney
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A man was stabbed when he tried to buy a car in Hackney this week.
Met Police officers are appealing for information after the incident, which took place at about 7.10pm on August 25 when two men drove to Athlone Close in Lower Clapton.
They had arranged to buy a car, and when they arrived a group of men was waiting for them - one of whom got into the back seat of their white Range Rover.
Detectives say an “altercation” took place, and one of the men, who was in his mid-20s, was stabbed in the leg.
He was taken to hospital and has since been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
The other initial occupant was uninjured, and the Range Rover was driven away by the suspects.
Detectives hope to trace the car, which they said is “likely to have distinctive damage”.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
No one has been arrested yet.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, with CAD 6234/25AUG.