Man, 21, stabbed and sprayed with ‘corrosive substance’ in Stoke Newington High Street
- Credit: Google Street view
A young man was stabbed and had a corrosive substance thrown in his face in Stoke Newington this morning.
The 21-year-old is recovering in hospital after being attacked in the High Street just before 2.30am.
Police and the London Fire Brigade were called to the scene by the London Ambulance Service.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “Officers attended and found a 21-year-old man who had been assaulted, with a corrosive substance thrown over his face.
“He also sustained cuts to his hand believed to have been caused by a knife.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was taken to an east London hospital, where his injuries are not being treated as life threatening or life-changing.
No arrests have yet been made.
- 1 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 2 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 3 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 10 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch