Man, 21, stabbed and sprayed with ‘corrosive substance’ in Stoke Newington High Street
- Credit: Google Street view
A young man was stabbed and had a corrosive substance thrown in his face in Stoke Newington this morning.
The 21-year-old is recovering in hospital after being attacked in the High Street just before 2.30am.
Police and the London Fire Brigade were called to the scene by the London Ambulance Service.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “Officers attended and found a 21-year-old man who had been assaulted, with a corrosive substance thrown over his face.
“He also sustained cuts to his hand believed to have been caused by a knife.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was taken to an east London hospital, where his injuries are not being treated as life threatening or life-changing.
No arrests have yet been made.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse