Man, 21, stabbed and sprayed with ‘corrosive substance’ in Stoke Newington High Street
- Credit: Google Street view
A young man was stabbed and had a corrosive substance thrown in his face in Stoke Newington this morning.
The 21-year-old is recovering in hospital after being attacked in the High Street just before 2.30am.
Police and the London Fire Brigade were called to the scene by the London Ambulance Service.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “Officers attended and found a 21-year-old man who had been assaulted, with a corrosive substance thrown over his face.
“He also sustained cuts to his hand believed to have been caused by a knife.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was taken to an east London hospital, where his injuries are not being treated as life threatening or life-changing.
No arrests have yet been made.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney