Maple Close stabbing: Man rushed to hospital after Stamford Hill attack
- Credit: @999London
A man is recovering in hospital after being stabbed in Stamford Hill last night.
Emergency services were called to Maple Close, on the banks of the River Lea north of Springhill Park, to reports of a disturbance at 10.45pm.
Police officers and paramedics found a man, whose age has not been released, suffering from stab injuries.
He was taken to hospital, and his condition is described as not life-threatening.
The power allows police officers to stop and search anyone in a defined area during a specific time period when they believe that serious violence will take place.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and any witnesses or people with information have been asked to call 101 quoting CAD 10829/14 July.
Knife crime has flared up again in Hackney, after a lull during coronavirus lockdown.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
The latest attack comes after a section 60 stop and search warrant was issued for the whole of Hackney at the weekend, following the double stabbing of two teenage boys in Clarence Mews, Lower Clapton on Saturday afternoon.
The pair were taken to hospital.
A section 60 allows police officers to stop and search anyone in a defined area during a specific time period when they believe that serious violence will take place.
One week before that on Sunday July 5, a man in his 20s was stabbed in Clarence Road, the road parallel to Clarence Mews.
A week ago on Tuesday July 7, a 20-year-old man was hospitalised after being stabbed on the Fawcett Estate in Upper Clapton.