Man stabbed in neck, back and arm in Hackney
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Police are appealing for information after a man sustained stab wounds to his neck, back and arm in Hackney.
Officers were initially called to Garnham Close, Stoke Newington at around 2.40am this morning (Sunday December 8) following reports of shots fired.
On arrival they could see no one and there was no evidence of a gun having been shot.
Officers were told about an hour later that a man in his 20s had attended a north London hospital with stab wounds to his neck, back and arm.
Police believe he sustained the injuries in the Garnham Close area.
You may also want to watch:
The man has since been discharged from hospital and is recovering.
Detectives from Trident Gang Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 6 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 7 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 8 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 10 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
Anyone with information should contact Trident via 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
The incident happened just 500m from where a man was murdered on Tuesday morning after being stabbed three times in Oldfield Road.