Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- Credit: Google
A man was left with serious head injuries after an assault in Clapton.
The alleged 36-year-old victim was found by police on Sunday (October 17) at around 7.25am after calls about the incident between the junctions of Blurton Road and Elderfield Road.
Police believe he was hit with a metal pole or similar object which may have been dropped nearby.
He was taken to an east London hospital for treatment where he remains in a serious but stable condition.
Met Police has released an appeal for witnesses or anybody with information or doorbell footage to come forward.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting reference CAD 1983/17Oct.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 3 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 6 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 7 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 8 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 9 Man dies after being found on fire in Stoke Newington
- 10 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
You can also provide information anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.