Marlborough Avenue shooting: Police appeal after bullet ‘fired by masked gunman’ hits teenager’s buttock in Haggerston
- Credit: Google Street View
Gang police are appealing for information after a teenager was shot in his buttocks “by a masked gunman”.
The 17-year-old victim was found by emergency services crews in Marlborough Avenue, Haggerston, after being called just after 11.15pm on May 1.
He was taken to an east London hospital where his injuries were not deemed life-threatening and has since been discharged.
Police believe the boy was with a group of youths when they were approached by two men wearing masks.
According to Scotland Yard one of the men was carrying a handgun and opened fire on the group.
You may also want to watch:
Det Const Martin Fortune, the investigating officer from the Met's gang squad Trident, said: "A young man has been shot by suspects who opened fire in the street.
"These men are both dangerous and reckless. The actions of these men could have resulted in someone's death and they need to be caught and the firearm they used taken off the streets.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 6 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 7 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 8 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 9 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 10 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
"I would ask anyone with information to call police or contact Crimestoppers if you don't want to give your name."
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
To contact Crimestoppers and give information anonymously, call 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.