Marlborough Avenue shooting: Police appeal after bullet ‘fired by masked gunman’ hits teenager’s buttock in Haggerston
- Credit: Google Street View
Gang police are appealing for information after a teenager was shot in his buttocks “by a masked gunman”.
The 17-year-old victim was found by emergency services crews in Marlborough Avenue, Haggerston, after being called just after 11.15pm on May 1.
He was taken to an east London hospital where his injuries were not deemed life-threatening and has since been discharged.
Police believe the boy was with a group of youths when they were approached by two men wearing masks.
According to Scotland Yard one of the men was carrying a handgun and opened fire on the group.
You may also want to watch:
Det Const Martin Fortune, the investigating officer from the Met's gang squad Trident, said: "A young man has been shot by suspects who opened fire in the street.
"These men are both dangerous and reckless. The actions of these men could have resulted in someone's death and they need to be caught and the firearm they used taken off the streets.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
"I would ask anyone with information to call police or contact Crimestoppers if you don't want to give your name."
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
To contact Crimestoppers and give information anonymously, call 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.