Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Three men have been charged after a 32-year-old woman was shot in Hackney.
Officers were called to reports of a shooting in Westgate Street, Hackney, on November 22, 2020, at 8.52pm.
The victim suffered life-changing injuries and continues to receive treatment in hospital.
Akile Lee-Walton, 23, of Pemberton Road, was charged with attempted murder, grievous bodily harm with intent, conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life. He is due to appear in custody at Thames Magistrates' Court on April 14.
Reuel Briscoe, 28, of HMP Belmarsh prison, and Jeremiah Briscoe, 24, of HMP Thameside prison, were both charged with conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life. They are due to appear in custody at Thames Magistrates' Court April 15.
On April 13, officers raided addresses in Hackney and Tottenham. Three men, aged between 20 and 27, were arrested and bailed until May.
Another three arrested previously have been released under investigation.
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 10 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
Call police with information on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 6587/22Nov20, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.