Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Three men have been charged after a 32-year-old woman was shot in Hackney.
Officers were called to reports of a shooting in Westgate Street, Hackney, on November 22, 2020, at 8.52pm.
The victim suffered life-changing injuries and continues to receive treatment in hospital.
Akile Lee-Walton, 23, of Pemberton Road, was charged with attempted murder, grievous bodily harm with intent, conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life. He is due to appear in custody at Thames Magistrates' Court on April 14.
Reuel Briscoe, 28, of HMP Belmarsh prison, and Jeremiah Briscoe, 24, of HMP Thameside prison, were both charged with conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life. They are due to appear in custody at Thames Magistrates' Court April 15.
On April 13, officers raided addresses in Hackney and Tottenham. Three men, aged between 20 and 27, were arrested and bailed until May.
Another three arrested previously have been released under investigation.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
Call police with information on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 6587/22Nov20, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.