Men jailed for terrifying masked attack on family
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney man was sentenced to six years in jail for his role in a terrifying masked robbery on a woman outside her own home, which saw the gang attempt to escape by crashing into a police vehicle.
Wayne Pilgrim, 38, of Cotesbach Road, along with three accomplices, violently attacked the woman as she arrived at her house in Whetstone with her 10-year-old daughter.
The 42-year-old woman was sprayed in the face with liquid by the masked gang, who surrounded her car and banged on the windscreen.
The gang then opened the car door, stealing the woman’s jewellery, handbag, and another bag from a 20-year-old passenger in the car.
Police were called and caught up with the gang, who had piled into a Landcruiser, which then reversed into the officers’ van, lost control and crashed into a nearby bus, as the robbers fled the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Wood Green Crown Court heard the men ran in separate directions, but were soon caught up with by police, where two of the gang were found hiding in a local’s garden.
All four of the men pleaded guilty to two counts of robbery.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes
Wayne Pilgrim was sentenced to six years imprisonment was disqualified for two years for dangerous driving.
Herman Yikalo, 20 of Amberley Road, W9, was sentenced to four years in a Young Offenders Institute and Theo Cruikshank, 24 of Woodchester Square, W2, and Tosh Martin, 23, of Brondesbury Villas, NW6, will each serve six years behind bars.
Investigating officer, Det Con Yogini Patel, of Barnet Serious Acquisitive Crime Unit said: “I am pleased that justice has been done and that these men will be off our streets for a considerable period of time. The way in which they carried out this terrifying attack on a defenceless family demonstrates that they have no regard for others. I am certain that had they not been arrested on this occasion, they would have carried on committing similar offences.”