Men sentenced over unprovoked attack in Shoreditch bar
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been sentenced to a total of 10 years detention after they launched an unprovoked attack in a bar.
Zack Gilbert and James O’Docherty, both 20, attacked French national Jonathan Agostini, 27, in The Light Bar in Shoreditch High Street, Shoreditch, on May 19 last year.
Mr Agostini sustained a deep wound to his head and severe bruising to his face after he was set upon at about midnight.
O’Docherty and Gilbert, both of Woodford Green, Essex, were last Thursday convicted of grievous bodily harm at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
They were each sentenced to five years detention in a young offenders institution.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Det Con Will Hughes said: “This violent and sustained assault was completely unprovoked on a lone male. It left the victim with on-going physical and emotional scars. I would like to thank all the public witnesses, security staff at The Light Bar, prosecuting counsel James Benson from Blackfriars Chambers and our forensic teams for their assistance in this successful conviction.”
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 7 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 8 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 9 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 10 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park