Men sentenced over unprovoked attack in Shoreditch bar
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been sentenced to a total of 10 years detention after they launched an unprovoked attack in a bar.
Zack Gilbert and James O’Docherty, both 20, attacked French national Jonathan Agostini, 27, in The Light Bar in Shoreditch High Street, Shoreditch, on May 19 last year.
Mr Agostini sustained a deep wound to his head and severe bruising to his face after he was set upon at about midnight.
O’Docherty and Gilbert, both of Woodford Green, Essex, were last Thursday convicted of grievous bodily harm at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
They were each sentenced to five years detention in a young offenders institution.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Det Con Will Hughes said: “This violent and sustained assault was completely unprovoked on a lone male. It left the victim with on-going physical and emotional scars. I would like to thank all the public witnesses, security staff at The Light Bar, prosecuting counsel James Benson from Blackfriars Chambers and our forensic teams for their assistance in this successful conviction.”
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12