Men sentenced over unprovoked attack in Shoreditch bar
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been sentenced to a total of 10 years detention after they launched an unprovoked attack in a bar.
Zack Gilbert and James O’Docherty, both 20, attacked French national Jonathan Agostini, 27, in The Light Bar in Shoreditch High Street, Shoreditch, on May 19 last year.
Mr Agostini sustained a deep wound to his head and severe bruising to his face after he was set upon at about midnight.
O’Docherty and Gilbert, both of Woodford Green, Essex, were last Thursday convicted of grievous bodily harm at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
They were each sentenced to five years detention in a young offenders institution.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Det Con Will Hughes said: “This violent and sustained assault was completely unprovoked on a lone male. It left the victim with on-going physical and emotional scars. I would like to thank all the public witnesses, security staff at The Light Bar, prosecuting counsel James Benson from Blackfriars Chambers and our forensic teams for their assistance in this successful conviction.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search