Met’s war on burglars: dawn raids see arrests made in Hackney
A total of 27 people were arrested in dawn raids across north London last Wednesday (August 22), as part of the Met’s war on burglars.
Operation Galaxy saw 39 search warrants executed at 49 addresses in Barnet, Brent, Camden, Haringey, Harrow, Enfield, Hackney, Westminster, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
The intelligence-led operation was set up two years ago in Barnet to identify and bring to justice burglary offenders operating there, some of whom live in neighbouring boroughs.
Commander Mak Chishty, said the operation should act as a clear warning to burglars.
“With Autumn nights fast approaching, burglars think there is less risk of getting caught - they are wrong,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Around �400,000-worth of stolen property has been recovered, some of which has been returned to the rightful owners. Over the coming weeks photos of unclaimed property will be published on http://www.flickr.com/photos/metropolitanpolice/sets
In July officers arrested 85 people at 52 addresses, resulting in over 350 charges.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses