Met’s war on burglars: dawn raids see arrests made in Hackney
A total of 27 people were arrested in dawn raids across north London last Wednesday (August 22), as part of the Met’s war on burglars.
Operation Galaxy saw 39 search warrants executed at 49 addresses in Barnet, Brent, Camden, Haringey, Harrow, Enfield, Hackney, Westminster, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
The intelligence-led operation was set up two years ago in Barnet to identify and bring to justice burglary offenders operating there, some of whom live in neighbouring boroughs.
Commander Mak Chishty, said the operation should act as a clear warning to burglars.
“With Autumn nights fast approaching, burglars think there is less risk of getting caught - they are wrong,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Around �400,000-worth of stolen property has been recovered, some of which has been returned to the rightful owners. Over the coming weeks photos of unclaimed property will be published on http://www.flickr.com/photos/metropolitanpolice/sets
In July officers arrested 85 people at 52 addresses, resulting in over 350 charges.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back