Met’s war on burglars: dawn raids see arrests made in Hackney
A total of 27 people were arrested in dawn raids across north London last Wednesday (August 22), as part of the Met’s war on burglars.
Operation Galaxy saw 39 search warrants executed at 49 addresses in Barnet, Brent, Camden, Haringey, Harrow, Enfield, Hackney, Westminster, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
The intelligence-led operation was set up two years ago in Barnet to identify and bring to justice burglary offenders operating there, some of whom live in neighbouring boroughs.
Commander Mak Chishty, said the operation should act as a clear warning to burglars.
“With Autumn nights fast approaching, burglars think there is less risk of getting caught - they are wrong,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Around �400,000-worth of stolen property has been recovered, some of which has been returned to the rightful owners. Over the coming weeks photos of unclaimed property will be published on http://www.flickr.com/photos/metropolitanpolice/sets
In July officers arrested 85 people at 52 addresses, resulting in over 350 charges.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 4 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 8 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 9 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 10 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas