Met’s war on burglars: dawn raids see arrests made in Hackney
A total of 27 people were arrested in dawn raids across north London last Wednesday (August 22), as part of the Met’s war on burglars.
Operation Galaxy saw 39 search warrants executed at 49 addresses in Barnet, Brent, Camden, Haringey, Harrow, Enfield, Hackney, Westminster, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
The intelligence-led operation was set up two years ago in Barnet to identify and bring to justice burglary offenders operating there, some of whom live in neighbouring boroughs.
Commander Mak Chishty, said the operation should act as a clear warning to burglars.
“With Autumn nights fast approaching, burglars think there is less risk of getting caught - they are wrong,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Around �400,000-worth of stolen property has been recovered, some of which has been returned to the rightful owners. Over the coming weeks photos of unclaimed property will be published on http://www.flickr.com/photos/metropolitanpolice/sets
In July officers arrested 85 people at 52 addresses, resulting in over 350 charges.
- 1 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 2 McGuigan hopes Hackney's Lawrence Okolie will take on Maris Briedis
- 3 Mosaic unveiled at near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 4 North London is red as Arsenal win bragging rights over rivals Spurs
- 5 Three Arsenal players make Her Football Hub team of the week
- 6 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 7 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 8 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games