Wallis Road attack: Shocking moment man is left fighting for his life after being kicked off his bike in Hackney Wick
- Credit: police
Police have released CCTV footage of the moment a cyclist was kicked off his bike by a male attacker – leaving him fighting for his life in hospital one week on.
Police are now hunting for the assailant, who they fear may have assaulted others.
The 30-year-old male victim was riding his bike in Wallis Road, Hackney Wick, at 12.45pm on Sunday March 10.
Another cyclist can be seen catching up with him, and kicking him as he passes while both of them are travelling at considerable speed.
The victim tumbles head-first off his bike and smashes into a parked car.
The victim was rushed by ambulance to an east London hospital, where he remains in a critical condition more than one week after the attack.
The attacker, described as a white man in his 20s or 30s, rode away from the scene headed towards Berkshire Road.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 2 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 3 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 4 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 5 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 6 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 7 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 8 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 9 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that may assist police is asked to call central east CID via 101 quoting CAD reference 3718/10MAR19.
A spokesperson for Scotland Yard said the motive for the attack is not known.
They added: “Officers also want to hear from anyone who may have been threatened or assaulted by this suspect in and around Hackney.”
To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.