Moped crime police team seize 1,000 phones and 100 laptops during Hackney raid
- Credit: Archant
One thousand mobile phones, 100 laptops, cash and a sword were seized by officers targeting moped crime when they arrested a wanted man.
The offender, wanted in connection with 17 offences including burglary and thefts of handbags and phones and cafes, was taken in for questioning on Wednesday after a raid in Hackney.
Officers searched the property and found the items, which are believed to be stolen.
Acting Det Insp Gavin Collins, from the Operation Venice team, said: “Based on the way the goods were packaged, and from documentation retrieved, it would appear this suspect was operating within an organised criminal gang involved in the theft of goods in the UK, which were destined to be shipped overseas.
“This is a man who officers have been looking to arrest for some time now for numerous offences.
You may also want to watch:
“Although the roads and pavements are a lot clearer at the moment, I would still like to remind the public to keep their belongings safe and not walk around with any valuables clearly visible for criminals, who will take any opportunity to steal them.”
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes