Moped crime police team seize 1,000 phones and 100 laptops during Hackney raid
- Credit: Archant
One thousand mobile phones, 100 laptops, cash and a sword were seized by officers targeting moped crime when they arrested a wanted man.
The offender, wanted in connection with 17 offences including burglary and thefts of handbags and phones and cafes, was taken in for questioning on Wednesday after a raid in Hackney.
Officers searched the property and found the items, which are believed to be stolen.
Acting Det Insp Gavin Collins, from the Operation Venice team, said: “Based on the way the goods were packaged, and from documentation retrieved, it would appear this suspect was operating within an organised criminal gang involved in the theft of goods in the UK, which were destined to be shipped overseas.
“This is a man who officers have been looking to arrest for some time now for numerous offences.
You may also want to watch:
“Although the roads and pavements are a lot clearer at the moment, I would still like to remind the public to keep their belongings safe and not walk around with any valuables clearly visible for criminals, who will take any opportunity to steal them.”
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed