Moped rider fighting for his life after hit-and-run near Manor House Tube station
- Credit: Archant
A moped rider is fighting for his life after a hit-and-run crash in Green Lanes last night.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision, which happened at about 11.30pm at the junction of Woodberry Grove, near Manor House Tube station.
The 20-year-old man, who was a pillion passenger on the moped, was taken to hospital by medics and is in critical condition.
The driver of the moped was also hurt and taken to hospital. His injuries are not thought to be serious.
One male has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car involved in the smash initially stopped but then drove off.
Anyone who witnessed the crash or has information about the driver of the car can call police on 101 quoting CAD9031/2Aug or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney gym owners fined £1,000 for breaching Covid rules