Moped rider fighting for his life after hit-and-run near Manor House Tube station
- Credit: Archant
A moped rider is fighting for his life after a hit-and-run crash in Green Lanes last night.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision, which happened at about 11.30pm at the junction of Woodberry Grove, near Manor House Tube station.
The 20-year-old man, who was a pillion passenger on the moped, was taken to hospital by medics and is in critical condition.
The driver of the moped was also hurt and taken to hospital. His injuries are not thought to be serious.
One male has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car involved in the smash initially stopped but then drove off.
Anyone who witnessed the crash or has information about the driver of the car can call police on 101 quoting CAD9031/2Aug or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington