Moped rider fighting for his life after hit-and-run near Manor House Tube station
- Credit: Archant
A moped rider is fighting for his life after a hit-and-run crash in Green Lanes last night.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision, which happened at about 11.30pm at the junction of Woodberry Grove, near Manor House Tube station.
The 20-year-old man, who was a pillion passenger on the moped, was taken to hospital by medics and is in critical condition.
The driver of the moped was also hurt and taken to hospital. His injuries are not thought to be serious.
One male has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car involved in the smash initially stopped but then drove off.
Anyone who witnessed the crash or has information about the driver of the car can call police on 101 quoting CAD9031/2Aug or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis
- 10 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised