Moped rider fighting for his life after hit-and-run near Manor House Tube station
- Credit: Archant
A moped rider is fighting for his life after a hit-and-run crash in Green Lanes last night.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision, which happened at about 11.30pm at the junction of Woodberry Grove, near Manor House Tube station.
The 20-year-old man, who was a pillion passenger on the moped, was taken to hospital by medics and is in critical condition.
The driver of the moped was also hurt and taken to hospital. His injuries are not thought to be serious.
One male has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car involved in the smash initially stopped but then drove off.
Anyone who witnessed the crash or has information about the driver of the car can call police on 101 quoting CAD9031/2Aug or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers