Mouse infestation found at Stokey pizza restaurant following tip-off
- Credit: Archant
A Stoke Newington Italian restaurant and takeaway was temporarily shut down after inspectors found mouse droppings in the kitchen, bar and dining area following a tip-off from the public.
Environmental health officers from Hackney Council decided the rodent excrement found in food, cupboards, and containers used for storing crockery and drinking glasses at Il Bacio Express in Church Street was evidence of an active mouse infestation and amounted to a “serious health risk” posing an “imminent danger” to its customers, when they visited on Tuesday.
Stratford Magistrates Court issued a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Order two days later, closing the restaurant.
A council spokesman said: “Although there was evidence of some attempts to prevent the entry of mice into the premises, this was insufficient.
“Along with the lack of cleaning and disinfection this posed an imminent danger to the restaurant’s customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday inspectors found the restaurant had been thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and pest-proofed, and issued a ‘No Longer a Health Risk Condition Certificate’, allowing the premises to re-open for business the same day it was ordered shut.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 4 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 5 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 6 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 9 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 10 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian