Mouse infestation found at Stokey pizza restaurant following tip-off
- Credit: Archant
A Stoke Newington Italian restaurant and takeaway was temporarily shut down after inspectors found mouse droppings in the kitchen, bar and dining area following a tip-off from the public.
Environmental health officers from Hackney Council decided the rodent excrement found in food, cupboards, and containers used for storing crockery and drinking glasses at Il Bacio Express in Church Street was evidence of an active mouse infestation and amounted to a “serious health risk” posing an “imminent danger” to its customers, when they visited on Tuesday.
Stratford Magistrates Court issued a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Order two days later, closing the restaurant.
A council spokesman said: “Although there was evidence of some attempts to prevent the entry of mice into the premises, this was insufficient.
“Along with the lack of cleaning and disinfection this posed an imminent danger to the restaurant’s customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday inspectors found the restaurant had been thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and pest-proofed, and issued a ‘No Longer a Health Risk Condition Certificate’, allowing the premises to re-open for business the same day it was ordered shut.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club