Mouse infestation found at Stokey pizza restaurant following tip-off
- Credit: Archant
A Stoke Newington Italian restaurant and takeaway was temporarily shut down after inspectors found mouse droppings in the kitchen, bar and dining area following a tip-off from the public.
Environmental health officers from Hackney Council decided the rodent excrement found in food, cupboards, and containers used for storing crockery and drinking glasses at Il Bacio Express in Church Street was evidence of an active mouse infestation and amounted to a “serious health risk” posing an “imminent danger” to its customers, when they visited on Tuesday.
Stratford Magistrates Court issued a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Order two days later, closing the restaurant.
A council spokesman said: “Although there was evidence of some attempts to prevent the entry of mice into the premises, this was insufficient.
“Along with the lack of cleaning and disinfection this posed an imminent danger to the restaurant’s customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday inspectors found the restaurant had been thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and pest-proofed, and issued a ‘No Longer a Health Risk Condition Certificate’, allowing the premises to re-open for business the same day it was ordered shut.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year