Mouse infestation found at Stokey pizza restaurant following tip-off
- Credit: Archant
A Stoke Newington Italian restaurant and takeaway was temporarily shut down after inspectors found mouse droppings in the kitchen, bar and dining area following a tip-off from the public.
Environmental health officers from Hackney Council decided the rodent excrement found in food, cupboards, and containers used for storing crockery and drinking glasses at Il Bacio Express in Church Street was evidence of an active mouse infestation and amounted to a “serious health risk” posing an “imminent danger” to its customers, when they visited on Tuesday.
Stratford Magistrates Court issued a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Order two days later, closing the restaurant.
A council spokesman said: “Although there was evidence of some attempts to prevent the entry of mice into the premises, this was insufficient.
“Along with the lack of cleaning and disinfection this posed an imminent danger to the restaurant’s customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday inspectors found the restaurant had been thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and pest-proofed, and issued a ‘No Longer a Health Risk Condition Certificate’, allowing the premises to re-open for business the same day it was ordered shut.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 8 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder