Murder investigation after pensioner dies on Geffrye Estate
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a pensioner died in Hackney early this morning.
At 1.45am London Ambulance Service called the police as they attended a 75-year-old man with a suspected head injury at Geffrye Court on the Geffrye Estate.
He was taken to hospital but pronounced dead at 5.46am.
At 47-year-old woman was arrested at Geffrye Court and a 42-year-old man was arrested on Mare Street, both on suspicion of murder.
Although a formal identification has yet to take place, the victim’s next of kin have been made aware.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem is scheduled for 4pm this afternoon.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 2715 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 6 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 9 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney