Murder investigation after pensioner dies on Geffrye Estate
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a pensioner died in Hackney early this morning.
At 1.45am London Ambulance Service called the police as they attended a 75-year-old man with a suspected head injury at Geffrye Court on the Geffrye Estate.
He was taken to hospital but pronounced dead at 5.46am.
At 47-year-old woman was arrested at Geffrye Court and a 42-year-old man was arrested on Mare Street, both on suspicion of murder.
Although a formal identification has yet to take place, the victim’s next of kin have been made aware.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem is scheduled for 4pm this afternoon.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 2715 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding