Murder investigation after pensioner dies on Geffrye Estate
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a pensioner died in Hackney early this morning.
At 1.45am London Ambulance Service called the police as they attended a 75-year-old man with a suspected head injury at Geffrye Court on the Geffrye Estate.
He was taken to hospital but pronounced dead at 5.46am.
At 47-year-old woman was arrested at Geffrye Court and a 42-year-old man was arrested on Mare Street, both on suspicion of murder.
Although a formal identification has yet to take place, the victim’s next of kin have been made aware.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem is scheduled for 4pm this afternoon.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 2715 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 2 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 3 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 6 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 7 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 8 Teenagers shot and stabbed in Hackney
- 9 'Arrested for being on my balcony', a young black man speaks out
- 10 £20,000 reward for information on Stoke Newington murder