Murder investigation after pensioner dies on Geffrye Estate
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a pensioner died in Hackney early this morning.
At 1.45am London Ambulance Service called the police as they attended a 75-year-old man with a suspected head injury at Geffrye Court on the Geffrye Estate.
He was taken to hospital but pronounced dead at 5.46am.
At 47-year-old woman was arrested at Geffrye Court and a 42-year-old man was arrested on Mare Street, both on suspicion of murder.
Although a formal identification has yet to take place, the victim’s next of kin have been made aware.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem is scheduled for 4pm this afternoon.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 2715 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school