Murder investigation after pensioner dies on Geffrye Estate
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a pensioner died in Hackney early this morning.
At 1.45am London Ambulance Service called the police as they attended a 75-year-old man with a suspected head injury at Geffrye Court on the Geffrye Estate.
He was taken to hospital but pronounced dead at 5.46am.
At 47-year-old woman was arrested at Geffrye Court and a 42-year-old man was arrested on Mare Street, both on suspicion of murder.
Although a formal identification has yet to take place, the victim’s next of kin have been made aware.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem is scheduled for 4pm this afternoon.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 2715 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington