Newington Green stabbing: Man chased by gang and knifed multiple times has life-changing injuries
- Credit: Archant
The young man chased by a gang and stabbed in Newington Green yesterday afternoon has sustained “life-changing” injuries, Scotland Yard has revealed.
Yesterday a spokesman for the Met said the victim - who is in his early 20s - was recovering in hospital from “minor injuries” following the incident in Green Lanes.
But detectives appealing for witnesses today, said his condition was more serious and he suffered “a number of stab wounds”.
A spokesman said: “At this early stage detectives believe that the victim was chased by a number of individuals before being stabbed. They made off from the scene shortly afterwards.”
An Air Ambulance was scrambled to Newington Green at 4.30pm to transport the man to a central London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Horrified passers-by reported witnessing “gruesome scenes”.
Twitter user @afcvicki said: “Was not expecting to see a young boy fighting for his life after being stabbed in #greenlanes this afternoon.”
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes
Remy Waslyuk added: “Serious incident at the bottom of green lanes. Police, air ambulance and gruesome scenes.”
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.