Newington Green stabbing: Man chased by gang and knifed multiple times has life-changing injuries
- Credit: Archant
The young man chased by a gang and stabbed in Newington Green yesterday afternoon has sustained “life-changing” injuries, Scotland Yard has revealed.
Yesterday a spokesman for the Met said the victim - who is in his early 20s - was recovering in hospital from “minor injuries” following the incident in Green Lanes.
But detectives appealing for witnesses today, said his condition was more serious and he suffered “a number of stab wounds”.
A spokesman said: “At this early stage detectives believe that the victim was chased by a number of individuals before being stabbed. They made off from the scene shortly afterwards.”
An Air Ambulance was scrambled to Newington Green at 4.30pm to transport the man to a central London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Horrified passers-by reported witnessing “gruesome scenes”.
Twitter user @afcvicki said: “Was not expecting to see a young boy fighting for his life after being stabbed in #greenlanes this afternoon.”
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 8 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 9 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 10 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
Remy Waslyuk added: “Serious incident at the bottom of green lanes. Police, air ambulance and gruesome scenes.”
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.