Nightingale Estate murder: Man, 21, stabbed to death in Lower Clapton
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a 21-year-old man was stabbed to death on the Nightingale Estate in Lower Clapton.
Police were called to Monteagle Way just after midnight this morning. The victim had been knifed in the chest and medics fought to save his life but he died at the scene 15 minutes later.
Detectives know who the victim is and have told his next of kin but no formal identification has taken place.
Roads have been closed and Scotland Yard said there would be “significant traffic disruption” in the area. People have been advised to avoid the area.
No arrests have been made and the Met’s murder squad is said to have an “open mind” as to the motive of the killing.
Anyone who may have seen or heard anything on the estate at around midnight has been asked to contact the Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020 8345 3865, 101, via Twitter @MetCC or anonymously at Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 5 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 8 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 9 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 10 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend