Nightingale Estate murder: Man, 21, stabbed to death in Lower Clapton
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a 21-year-old man was stabbed to death on the Nightingale Estate in Lower Clapton.
Police were called to Monteagle Way just after midnight this morning. The victim had been knifed in the chest and medics fought to save his life but he died at the scene 15 minutes later.
Detectives know who the victim is and have told his next of kin but no formal identification has taken place.
Roads have been closed and Scotland Yard said there would be “significant traffic disruption” in the area. People have been advised to avoid the area.
No arrests have been made and the Met’s murder squad is said to have an “open mind” as to the motive of the killing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have seen or heard anything on the estate at around midnight has been asked to contact the Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020 8345 3865, 101, via Twitter @MetCC or anonymously at Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 3 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 10 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised