Nightingale Estate murder: Man, 21, stabbed to death in Lower Clapton
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a 21-year-old man was stabbed to death on the Nightingale Estate in Lower Clapton.
Police were called to Monteagle Way just after midnight this morning. The victim had been knifed in the chest and medics fought to save his life but he died at the scene 15 minutes later.
Detectives know who the victim is and have told his next of kin but no formal identification has taken place.
Roads have been closed and Scotland Yard said there would be “significant traffic disruption” in the area. People have been advised to avoid the area.
No arrests have been made and the Met’s murder squad is said to have an “open mind” as to the motive of the killing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have seen or heard anything on the estate at around midnight has been asked to contact the Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020 8345 3865, 101, via Twitter @MetCC or anonymously at Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12