Nightingale Estate murder: Man, 21, stabbed to death in Lower Clapton
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a 21-year-old man was stabbed to death on the Nightingale Estate in Lower Clapton.
Police were called to Monteagle Way just after midnight this morning. The victim had been knifed in the chest and medics fought to save his life but he died at the scene 15 minutes later.
Detectives know who the victim is and have told his next of kin but no formal identification has taken place.
Roads have been closed and Scotland Yard said there would be “significant traffic disruption” in the area. People have been advised to avoid the area.
No arrests have been made and the Met’s murder squad is said to have an “open mind” as to the motive of the killing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have seen or heard anything on the estate at around midnight has been asked to contact the Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020 8345 3865, 101, via Twitter @MetCC or anonymously at Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12