Nightingale Estate murder: Man, 21, stabbed to death in Lower Clapton
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a 21-year-old man was stabbed to death on the Nightingale Estate in Lower Clapton.
Police were called to Monteagle Way just after midnight this morning. The victim had been knifed in the chest and medics fought to save his life but he died at the scene 15 minutes later.
Detectives know who the victim is and have told his next of kin but no formal identification has taken place.
Roads have been closed and Scotland Yard said there would be “significant traffic disruption” in the area. People have been advised to avoid the area.
No arrests have been made and the Met’s murder squad is said to have an “open mind” as to the motive of the killing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have seen or heard anything on the estate at around midnight has been asked to contact the Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020 8345 3865, 101, via Twitter @MetCC or anonymously at Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities