Paedophile Aaron St Omer ensnared in Old Street pub
- Credit: police
A paedophile who told an undercover cop he wanted to swap crystal meth for a 12-year-old girl to rape and torture has been jailed for nine years.
Aaron St Omer, 32, was snared after attempting to make the deal in an Old Street Wetherspoon’s last year.
He had told the officer he wanted to rape and torture underage girls on an encrypted messaging site in August ahead of the meeting at The Masque Haunt.
He was jailed today at Snaresbrook Crown Court for nine years with an extended licence period of four years.
He denied arranging or facilitating commission of a child sex offence and supplying a class A drug, but was found guilty at trial last month. He had previously admitted possession of a class A, B and C drugs, possession of a class A drug with intent, and having an offensive weapon.
You may also want to watch:
Police were alerted to St Omer after a Wickr website user raised the alarm about a member who went under the name “twistedtaboo85” on the site.
During a phone call with the undercover officer before their meeting, St Omer admitted having a sexual interest in underage girls and said he wanted to sexually assault them.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
He asked the police officer if he could get girls that he could burn with a cigarette.
St Omer was arrested as he sat in the pub with the undercover officer on August 10. He was found to be carrying lubricant, drugs and sex toys.
Prosecutor Karen Phillips said the conviction was made possible by the website user who reported St Omer.
“Aaron St Omer had fantasies about torturing and sexually abusing young girls,” she said.
“The prosecution was able to prove that he had gone equipped to carry his fantasies out, clearly believing bartering drugs to hurt young girls was a suitable trade-off.
“I would like to encourage members of the public who may have similar concerns about children being abused or tortured to take action and call the police.”
St Omer was also given a sexual harm prevention order.