Passing Clouds’ supporters turfed out by bailiffs
- Credit: Archant
Passing Clouds supporters who had been mounting a 24/7 occupation of the venue after developers won a court battle to evict them, were turfed out by 50 baliffs last night.
The group had fought a passionate campaign to save the building in Richmond Road, Haggerston, since June 16 – when they broke back in after new landlord Landhold Developments sent in bailiffs to change the locks.
On Friday a judge at Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court upheld an eviction notice to oust the group – but they vowed to take the matter to the High Court in an appeal.
Bailiffs have now installed metal shutters over all the doors and windows to stop any further reoccupations.
The Lyrically Challenged hip-hop and spoken word event scheduled for tonight is expected to be held outside in the street instead of at Passing Clouds.
You may also want to watch:
Following the hearing on Friday, the government made an announcement on its website stating “The show is over for disqualified director” - detailing a decision made three months ago on May 11 to disqualify Eleanor Wilson from acting as a director of a limited company for five years for failing to pay tax and failing to properly maintain Passing Clouds’ accounting records.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 5 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 6 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 7 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 8 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 9 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington