Passing Clouds’ supporters turfed out by bailiffs
- Credit: Archant
Passing Clouds supporters who had been mounting a 24/7 occupation of the venue after developers won a court battle to evict them, were turfed out by 50 baliffs last night.
The group had fought a passionate campaign to save the building in Richmond Road, Haggerston, since June 16 – when they broke back in after new landlord Landhold Developments sent in bailiffs to change the locks.
On Friday a judge at Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court upheld an eviction notice to oust the group – but they vowed to take the matter to the High Court in an appeal.
Bailiffs have now installed metal shutters over all the doors and windows to stop any further reoccupations.
The Lyrically Challenged hip-hop and spoken word event scheduled for tonight is expected to be held outside in the street instead of at Passing Clouds.
You may also want to watch:
Following the hearing on Friday, the government made an announcement on its website stating “The show is over for disqualified director” - detailing a decision made three months ago on May 11 to disqualify Eleanor Wilson from acting as a director of a limited company for five years for failing to pay tax and failing to properly maintain Passing Clouds’ accounting records.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 6 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse