Pervert walks free after repeatedly exposing himself to Shoreditch neighbour
A “peculiar” father who repeatedly pleasured himself in full view of a horrified neighbour was let off with a community order yesterday (Wednesday).
Steven King, 27, touched himself while he stared through his bedroom window at a woman living opposite him in Shoreditch.
He deliberately put his light on so the disgusted neighbour could see what he was doing, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
Prosecutor Navneet Sher told the court King exposed himself in front of the victim at least eight times between last August and January 30, when the woman finally called the police.
King, who received a police caution in 2008 for a similar offence when he drunkenly flashed a neighbour, admitted three counts of exposure.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Ahmet, defending, said King suffered from depression and felt isolated after his girlfriend, the mother of his child, moved away.
“He was getting attention from that kind of behaviour, which was alleviating the stress and tension he was finding himself in at the time,” she said.
- 1 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 2 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 3 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 4 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 5 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 6 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 9 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 10 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
Sentencing him to a three-year community order, Judge Tudor Owen said: “The complainant didn’t report it straight away and you seemed to think she didn’t mind.
“Maybe she was laughing at you at first and thought you were a complete idiot.
“But it is distressing for people. Your behaviour is peculiar and one is concerned where it may lead.
“I have great reservations but I am going to take a chance and make a community order.”
Judge Owen also ordered King to enrol in a sexual offences programme, adding: “This is very much a deal and if you don’t keep to it, you will be back to court and go to jail.”
King, of The Withy Windle, South Woodham Ferrers, Chelmsford, must also sign the sex offenders’ register for five years.