Pete Doherty appears in court over cocaine charge
Singer and friends arrested following death of woman in Lower Clapton
ROCK star Pete Doherty has appeared in a London court charged with possessing cocaine after the death of a woman in Hackney.
The Babyshambles lead singer appeared at Thames Magistrates Court on Thursday December 2 along with friends Pete Wolfe and Alan Wass, who are also charged with drug offences.
The trio were arrested after film maker Robin Whitehead, 27, died from a suspected drug overdose in a flat in Daubeny Road, Lower Clapton, in January this year.
Ms Whitehead, who was the granddaughter of the late Teddy Goldsmith, had recently finished filming a documentary on the singer when she died.
You may also want to watch:
The case was adjourned for a committal hearing at the same court on January 14.
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 3 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 4 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 5 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 6 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 7 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?