Pete Doherty appears in court over cocaine charge
Singer and friends arrested following death of woman in Lower Clapton
ROCK star Pete Doherty has appeared in a London court charged with possessing cocaine after the death of a woman in Hackney.
The Babyshambles lead singer appeared at Thames Magistrates Court on Thursday December 2 along with friends Pete Wolfe and Alan Wass, who are also charged with drug offences.
The trio were arrested after film maker Robin Whitehead, 27, died from a suspected drug overdose in a flat in Daubeny Road, Lower Clapton, in January this year.
Ms Whitehead, who was the granddaughter of the late Teddy Goldsmith, had recently finished filming a documentary on the singer when she died.
You may also want to watch:
The case was adjourned for a committal hearing at the same court on January 14.
- 1 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 2 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 3 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 4 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 7 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted