Pete Doherty appears in court over cocaine charge
Singer and friends arrested following death of woman in Lower Clapton
ROCK star Pete Doherty has appeared in a London court charged with possessing cocaine after the death of a woman in Hackney.
The Babyshambles lead singer appeared at Thames Magistrates Court on Thursday December 2 along with friends Pete Wolfe and Alan Wass, who are also charged with drug offences.
The trio were arrested after film maker Robin Whitehead, 27, died from a suspected drug overdose in a flat in Daubeny Road, Lower Clapton, in January this year.
Ms Whitehead, who was the granddaughter of the late Teddy Goldsmith, had recently finished filming a documentary on the singer when she died.
You may also want to watch:
The case was adjourned for a committal hearing at the same court on January 14.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'