Pete Doherty appears in court over cocaine charge
Singer and friends arrested following death of woman in Lower Clapton
ROCK star Pete Doherty has appeared in a London court charged with possessing cocaine after the death of a woman in Hackney.
The Babyshambles lead singer appeared at Thames Magistrates Court on Thursday December 2 along with friends Pete Wolfe and Alan Wass, who are also charged with drug offences.
The trio were arrested after film maker Robin Whitehead, 27, died from a suspected drug overdose in a flat in Daubeny Road, Lower Clapton, in January this year.
Ms Whitehead, who was the granddaughter of the late Teddy Goldsmith, had recently finished filming a documentary on the singer when she died.
You may also want to watch:
The case was adjourned for a committal hearing at the same court on January 14.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse