Pete Doherty charged with cocaine possession
Libertines frontman charged with drug offence.
ROCK star Pete Doherty has been charged with possession of cocaine following the death of a woman in a Lower Clapton flat.
The Libertines frontman and one-time boyfriend of Kate Moss was arrested by police in March and charged on Tuesday.
He will appear at Thames Magistrates Court on Thursday October 18 along with fellow musicians Pete Wolfe and Alan Wass.
Mr Wass has been charged with possession of cocaine while Mr Wolfe is charged with one count of supplying cocaine and two counts of possession.
The charges come following a police investigation into the death of Robyn Whitehead, 27.
Ms Whitehead was found dead in Daubeney Road in January this year but a cause of death has yet to be confirmed by coroners.
- 1 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 9 Covid-19: How Hackney's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 10 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney