Pete Doherty charged with cocaine possession
Libertines frontman charged with drug offence.
ROCK star Pete Doherty has been charged with possession of cocaine following the death of a woman in a Lower Clapton flat.
The Libertines frontman and one-time boyfriend of Kate Moss was arrested by police in March and charged on Tuesday.
He will appear at Thames Magistrates Court on Thursday October 18 along with fellow musicians Pete Wolfe and Alan Wass.
Mr Wass has been charged with possession of cocaine while Mr Wolfe is charged with one count of supplying cocaine and two counts of possession.
You may also want to watch:
The charges come following a police investigation into the death of Robyn Whitehead, 27.
Ms Whitehead was found dead in Daubeney Road in January this year but a cause of death has yet to be confirmed by coroners.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 9 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared