Pete Doherty charged with cocaine possession
Libertines frontman charged with drug offence.
ROCK star Pete Doherty has been charged with possession of cocaine following the death of a woman in a Lower Clapton flat.
The Libertines frontman and one-time boyfriend of Kate Moss was arrested by police in March and charged on Tuesday.
He will appear at Thames Magistrates Court on Thursday October 18 along with fellow musicians Pete Wolfe and Alan Wass.
Mr Wass has been charged with possession of cocaine while Mr Wolfe is charged with one count of supplying cocaine and two counts of possession.
You may also want to watch:
The charges come following a police investigation into the death of Robyn Whitehead, 27.
Ms Whitehead was found dead in Daubeney Road in January this year but a cause of death has yet to be confirmed by coroners.
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 9 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
- 10 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site