Pete Doherty charged with cocaine possession
Libertines frontman charged with drug offence.
ROCK star Pete Doherty has been charged with possession of cocaine following the death of a woman in a Lower Clapton flat.
The Libertines frontman and one-time boyfriend of Kate Moss was arrested by police in March and charged on Tuesday.
He will appear at Thames Magistrates Court on Thursday October 18 along with fellow musicians Pete Wolfe and Alan Wass.
Mr Wass has been charged with possession of cocaine while Mr Wolfe is charged with one count of supplying cocaine and two counts of possession.
You may also want to watch:
The charges come following a police investigation into the death of Robyn Whitehead, 27.
Ms Whitehead was found dead in Daubeney Road in January this year but a cause of death has yet to be confirmed by coroners.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home