Phone footage shows have-a-go hero wrestling huge knife off thug on 149 bus in Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
This heart-stopping footage shows a heroic bus passenger wrestling a huge blade off a knifeman on board the 149 in Stoke Newington on Tuesday afternoon.
The video, shot on a mobile phone, shows two men grappling over the weapon by the doors of the bus, which was parked at the Amhurst Road stop.
The have-a-go hero eventually overpowered the attacker and got hold of the knife, but suffered stab minor slashes to his head and arm for his efforts.
The video ends with the attacker running off the bus and down Stoke Newington Road towards Dalston, as horrified bystanders watch on. The hero can then be heard shouting at him from the doors of the bus: “I’m an African, you’ll never take my life!”.
Police were called and the man, in his 20s, was taken to hospital for treatment. He has now been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are investigating what happened, but no arrests have been made yet.
Anyone with information can contact police on 07500 607 652 or 101, requesting the Road Transport Policing Command team.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed