Phone footage shows have-a-go hero wrestling huge knife off thug on 149 bus in Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
This heart-stopping footage shows a heroic bus passenger wrestling a huge blade off a knifeman on board the 149 in Stoke Newington on Tuesday afternoon.
The video, shot on a mobile phone, shows two men grappling over the weapon by the doors of the bus, which was parked at the Amhurst Road stop.
The have-a-go hero eventually overpowered the attacker and got hold of the knife, but suffered stab minor slashes to his head and arm for his efforts.
The video ends with the attacker running off the bus and down Stoke Newington Road towards Dalston, as horrified bystanders watch on. The hero can then be heard shouting at him from the doors of the bus: “I’m an African, you’ll never take my life!”.
Police were called and the man, in his 20s, was taken to hospital for treatment. He has now been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are investigating what happened, but no arrests have been made yet.
Anyone with information can contact police on 07500 607 652 or 101, requesting the Road Transport Policing Command team.
- 1 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 6 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 7 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 8 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 9 Hoxton's new Britannia Leisure Centre to open this month
- 10 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue