Phone snatch victim threatened with a gun after confronting thief in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
A phone snatch victim was threatened with a gun outside a shop in Kingsland High Street after confronting the thug who stole it.
Firearms officers were called to Madina Store in Dalston shortly after 11.30am yesterday.
A 16-year-old boy was arrested in Pellerin Road, Stoke Newington on suspicion of robbery and possession of a firearm.
A gun and the stolen phone were recovered.
Detectives are still investigating what happened. It is the third time a gun has been brandished in the area in the last nine days.
You may also want to watch:
Two thugs kicked in the door of a packed Stoke Newington chicken shop on November 11 and fired a shotgun before cycling off. The victim, a man in his 20s, was left seriously injured.
The night before, shots were fired in Kyverdale Road, off Stoke Newington Common. No suspects or victims were found but police found “evidence of a firearm being discharged”.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 10 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness