Phone snatch victim threatened with a gun after confronting thief in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
A phone snatch victim was threatened with a gun outside a shop in Kingsland High Street after confronting the thug who stole it.
Firearms officers were called to Madina Store in Dalston shortly after 11.30am yesterday.
A 16-year-old boy was arrested in Pellerin Road, Stoke Newington on suspicion of robbery and possession of a firearm.
A gun and the stolen phone were recovered.
Detectives are still investigating what happened. It is the third time a gun has been brandished in the area in the last nine days.
You may also want to watch:
Two thugs kicked in the door of a packed Stoke Newington chicken shop on November 11 and fired a shotgun before cycling off. The victim, a man in his 20s, was left seriously injured.
The night before, shots were fired in Kyverdale Road, off Stoke Newington Common. No suspects or victims were found but police found “evidence of a firearm being discharged”.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12