Phone snatched in Hackney from pregnant woman in labour trying to get to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A pregnant woman who was in labour had her phone snatched while she was trying to call her husband to take her to hospital.
The victim had been walking in Leadale Road, Stoke Newington, just after 10am on Sunday morning when the thief - who was riding a bike - pounced.
Volunteers from the Jewish community safety group Shomrim were first on the scene and helped her until medics arrived.
The woman, who was not injured, was taken as a precaution to hospital by the Hatzola Jewish voluntary ambulance service.
Shomrim volunteer Pinchas Paksher, said: “I arrived on scene moments after the phone snatch, I asked one of the neighbours to bring out a chair and a cup of water as the victim appeared to be trembling from shock.
You may also want to watch:
“The thief was heartless, targeting the most vulnerable in society.”
Anyone with information should call Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney