Pistol and ammo found under a brick in Lower Clapton
A self-loading pistol and ammunition were discovered in a bag under a brick in Lower Clapton by police yesterday (Monday).
The gun was found in a communal area near a residential block off Clapton Square.
After a found is fired by the handgun, which is also known as a semi-automatic pistol, the spent casing is ejected and a new round from the magazine is loaded into the chamber, allowing more shots to be fired as soon as the trigger is pulled.
DCI Gary Bruce of Trident North East Shootings team, which deals with gun and gang crime, said: “This firearm will be subject of a thorough investigation by Trident detectives to trace, arrest and convict those who had it in their possession illegally.
“Anyone who has information about the gun or who witnessed it being discarded should contact Trident or Crimestoppers.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the gun is asked to contact Trident on 020 8217 7377 or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”
- 10 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions