Pistol and ammo found under a brick in Lower Clapton
A self-loading pistol and ammunition were discovered in a bag under a brick in Lower Clapton by police yesterday (Monday).
The gun was found in a communal area near a residential block off Clapton Square.
After a found is fired by the handgun, which is also known as a semi-automatic pistol, the spent casing is ejected and a new round from the magazine is loaded into the chamber, allowing more shots to be fired as soon as the trigger is pulled.
DCI Gary Bruce of Trident North East Shootings team, which deals with gun and gang crime, said: “This firearm will be subject of a thorough investigation by Trident detectives to trace, arrest and convict those who had it in their possession illegally.
“Anyone who has information about the gun or who witnessed it being discarded should contact Trident or Crimestoppers.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the gun is asked to contact Trident on 020 8217 7377 or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 9 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 10 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car