Pistol and ammo found under a brick in Lower Clapton
A self-loading pistol and ammunition were discovered in a bag under a brick in Lower Clapton by police yesterday (Monday).
The gun was found in a communal area near a residential block off Clapton Square.
After a found is fired by the handgun, which is also known as a semi-automatic pistol, the spent casing is ejected and a new round from the magazine is loaded into the chamber, allowing more shots to be fired as soon as the trigger is pulled.
DCI Gary Bruce of Trident North East Shootings team, which deals with gun and gang crime, said: “This firearm will be subject of a thorough investigation by Trident detectives to trace, arrest and convict those who had it in their possession illegally.
“Anyone who has information about the gun or who witnessed it being discarded should contact Trident or Crimestoppers.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the gun is asked to contact Trident on 020 8217 7377 or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill