Police appeal after gunshots heard in Homerton
- Credit: Archant
Gang police are appealing for information about three vehicles after gunshots were heard in Homerton last night.
Officers were called to Retreat Place at 11.40pm after reports of shots being fired. They found shell casings but no gun or victim.
Detectives are now appealing for information about the incident and want to speak to anyone who may have seen vehicles which seemed out of place.
Det Sgt Adam Knowles from Trident said no one is believed to have been injured.
"Three dark coloured vehicles were seen leaving Retreat Place in the direction of Morning Lane," he said. "We would like to hear from anyone who saw these vehicles, or who was driving them. "
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact police on 101, quoting CAD8869 of August 22.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0900 555 111.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Young people with information can give information on fearless.org. Fearless is part of Crimestoppers, which is independent of the police.