Police appeal after gunshots heard in Homerton
- Credit: Archant
Gang police are appealing for information about three vehicles after gunshots were heard in Homerton last night.
Officers were called to Retreat Place at 11.40pm after reports of shots being fired. They found shell casings but no gun or victim.
Detectives are now appealing for information about the incident and want to speak to anyone who may have seen vehicles which seemed out of place.
Det Sgt Adam Knowles from Trident said no one is believed to have been injured.
"Three dark coloured vehicles were seen leaving Retreat Place in the direction of Morning Lane," he said. "We would like to hear from anyone who saw these vehicles, or who was driving them. "
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact police on 101, quoting CAD8869 of August 22.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0900 555 111.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 5 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 8 Hackney NHS staff celebrated for 'work beyond the call of duty'
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
Young people with information can give information on fearless.org. Fearless is part of Crimestoppers, which is independent of the police.