Police appeal after Homerton bus stop attack
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information following an assault at a bus stop in Homerton and have released an image of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
The assault happened on February 25 at about 3:30pm, in Valentine Road.
Both the victim, a 56-year-old man, and the suspect were waiting to board a route 26 bus when the suspect repeatedly punched the victim.
The suspect left the scene and the victim boarded the bus to take refuge.
Police and the London Ambulance Service attended and treated the victim for head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a black man, with short black hair and a goatee. He is of medium build and wore dark clothing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Clare Beauchamp, who is leading the investigation on 07920 590195 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting ref: 173835.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012