Police appeal after Homerton bus stop attack
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information following an assault at a bus stop in Homerton and have released an image of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
The assault happened on February 25 at about 3:30pm, in Valentine Road.
Both the victim, a 56-year-old man, and the suspect were waiting to board a route 26 bus when the suspect repeatedly punched the victim.
The suspect left the scene and the victim boarded the bus to take refuge.
Police and the London Ambulance Service attended and treated the victim for head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a black man, with short black hair and a goatee. He is of medium build and wore dark clothing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Clare Beauchamp, who is leading the investigation on 07920 590195 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting ref: 173835.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 10 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death