Police appeal after man ‘points handgun’ at cyclist in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a man who pointed a gun at an unassuming cyclist in Dalston on May 27.
Scotland Yard have released an image of a man to whom they wish to speak. He is described as black, around 6ft tall, broadly built and with a black beard and dark, tatty clothing.
It is alleged that a weapon was brandished at a man cycling northbound up Kingsland Road, at the junction of Bradbury Street.
Det Const James Readman said: “This was a totally random incident and involved a completely innocent member of the public being targeted with a weapon in broad daylight.
“The victim was understandably terrified.”
Police wish to speak to any witnesses who can help or who may have been in the area between 1pm and 1.09pm that day.
You may also want to watch:
To help, call detectives on 101, quoting CAD 3850/27May. Or, to give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill