Police appeal after man ‘points handgun’ at cyclist in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a man who pointed a gun at an unassuming cyclist in Dalston on May 27.
Scotland Yard have released an image of a man to whom they wish to speak. He is described as black, around 6ft tall, broadly built and with a black beard and dark, tatty clothing.
It is alleged that a weapon was brandished at a man cycling northbound up Kingsland Road, at the junction of Bradbury Street.
Det Const James Readman said: “This was a totally random incident and involved a completely innocent member of the public being targeted with a weapon in broad daylight.
“The victim was understandably terrified.”
Police wish to speak to any witnesses who can help or who may have been in the area between 1pm and 1.09pm that day.
You may also want to watch:
To help, call detectives on 101, quoting CAD 3850/27May. Or, to give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta