Police appeal after man ‘points handgun’ at cyclist in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a man who pointed a gun at an unassuming cyclist in Dalston on May 27.
Scotland Yard have released an image of a man to whom they wish to speak. He is described as black, around 6ft tall, broadly built and with a black beard and dark, tatty clothing.
It is alleged that a weapon was brandished at a man cycling northbound up Kingsland Road, at the junction of Bradbury Street.
Det Const James Readman said: “This was a totally random incident and involved a completely innocent member of the public being targeted with a weapon in broad daylight.
“The victim was understandably terrified.”
Police wish to speak to any witnesses who can help or who may have been in the area between 1pm and 1.09pm that day.
You may also want to watch:
To help, call detectives on 101, quoting CAD 3850/27May. Or, to give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney